Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I'm deff going with the 4"lift, But jeep said there lift would be around $4k:eek: before labor!!..Because I heard you gotta have some Computer intalled so that your quadra trac 2 doesn't kick in, so then I started thinking :rolleyes: about it do I really even need the Computer intalled??..Why couldn't I just turn off my traction control, doing that would deff turn off my 4X4 wouldn't it?!!..So basically should I just go to tuff country down the street and have them just through a 4"lift on my truck with out the Computer??:confused: ????....Let me know what ya'll think!..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Frankthatank said:
Ok so I'm deff going with the 4"lift, But jeep said there lift would be around $4k:eek: before labor!!..Because I heard you gotta have some Computer intalled so that your quadra trac 2 doesn't kick in, so then I started thinking :rolleyes: about it do I really even need the Computer intalled??..Why couldn't I just turn off my traction control, doing that would deff turn off my 4X4 wouldn't it?!!..So basically should I just go to tuff country down the street and have them just through a 4"lift on my truck with out the Computer??:confused: ????....Let me know what ya'll think!..
Any lift--even a 2" BB--will cause the ESP to prematurely active during certain conditions. This can be dealt with by turning it off via the dash button, unplugging the brake boost under the hood (which keeps ABS active like you want), or purchasing a unit that plugs into your wireing harness behing the steering wheel. The later is just coming out from Superlift/AEV and will cost about $150. The cost you got is way to high--should be about $1400 without install (about $500).

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Colo.kid said:
Any lift--even a 2" BB--will cause the ESP to prematurely active during certain conditions. This can be dealt with by turning it off via the dash button, unplugging the brake boost under the hood (which keeps ABS active like you want), or purchasing a unit that plugs into your wireing harness behing the steering wheel. The later is just coming out from Superlift/AEV and will cost about $150. The cost you got is way to high--should be about $1400 without install (about $500). Contact 4xGuard.com for a price quote.
Thx, I'll check out 4xGuard.com!...f

·
Registered
396 Posts
Colo.kid said:
Any lift--even a 2" BB--will cause the ESP to prematurely active during certain conditions. This can be dealt with by turning it off via the dash button, unplugging the brake boost under the hood (which keeps ABS active like you want), or purchasing a unit that plugs into your wireing harness behing the steering wheel. The later is just coming out from Superlift/AEV and will cost about $150. The cost you got is way to high--should be about $1400 without install (about $500). Contact 4xGuard.com for a price quote.
What is it about the lifting of the vehicle itself that leads to ESP to prematurely actuate?

This is driving me nuts. I drive pretty hard on the street, around corners, etc. Nothing crazy, but there are times when the ESP kicks in, much sooner than I would like.

I had the dealer recalibrate the computer as best they could to accomodate the new tire size, which seemed to help a little, but did not solve - the exact tire size was not an option for recalib, so they used next closest size.

Is it the lift? Or the bigger tires? Or both that are responsible for early ESP?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Colo.kid said:
The cost you got is way to high--should be about $1400 without install (about $500). Contact 4xGuard.com for a price quote.
Yes, I would think a 4 inch kit should be $1400-$1750 and install should be $380-$500.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts