Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a few pics of my cousin's Commander Limited and my 4Runner Sport. The pictures were taken in the parking lot at work (yes, we work together), but I'll have some better offroad snow pics when we head upstate to the cabin this winter.

In the meantime, enjoy a few comparison shots of our rigs.:)

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
TR4Runner said:
In the meantime, enjoy a few comparison shots of our rigs.
There is no comparison--the Commander definitely looks better and is far superior in all other ways.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jeep5253 said:
There is no comparison--the Commander definitely looks better and is far superior in all other ways.
LOL, I wouldn't expect any less on a Commander forum! Pictures don't lie!;)

·
Registered
588 Posts
I'd say they are both very nice looking vehicles. Hope you have tow hooks and a tow strap when you go up in the snow so your cousin can pull you out. Commanders are unstoppable in snow so dont worry. john

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
John said:
I'd say they are both very nice looking vehicles. Hope you have tow hooks and a tow strap when you go up in the snow so your cousin can pull you out. Commanders are unstoppable in snow so dont worry. john
We've both been in 18+ inches of snow heading up to the cabin last year and made it without a problem. But thanks for the concern. BTW, we both carry tow straps...just because you never know!

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Commander country? I thought this was a strange sight. Four Commanders in an empty parking lot next to my building.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
TR4Runner said:
Commander country? I thought this was a strange sight. Four Commanders in an empty parking lot next to my building.
Owners are inside working overtime so they can buy more gas. :D

Nice pics, the 4Runner looks surprisingly like a Ford Explorer doesn't it? Especially from the back.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Nice Photo Shop!:rolleyes: You have been on this forum for quite sometime, why not any pictures of you and your cousin pulling you out of the snow LOL :D

·
Registered
512 Posts
I hate to say it, but the 4runner is a very good looking suv.Where in NY are those pics from.My wife & I are from NY originally, and love the state.Beautiful part of the country and they get REAL snow accumulations!-43:)

·
Registered
717 Posts
ntrepid43 said:
I hate to say it, but the 4runner is a very good looking suv.Where in NY are those pics from.My wife & I are from NY originally, and love the state.Beautiful part of the country and they get REAL snow accumulations!-43:)
Where are you from ntrepid?? I'm just outside of Buffalo...snow is awesome!!

·
Registered
473 Posts
i gotta say, i actually like the looks of the toyota slightly more than the jeep (very slightly) but i wouldn't trade mine for one.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ranger6882 said:
Nice Photo Shop!:rolleyes: You have been on this forum for quite sometime, why not any pictures of you and your cousin pulling you out of the snow LOL :D
Last year I forgot to take my camera...and of course my bonehead cousin doesn't even own a camera! I'll definitely take some pics this year!

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
topcop38 said:
i gotta say, i actually like the looks of the toyota slightly more than the jeep (very slightly) but i wouldn't trade mine for one.
Wow, I'm kinda surprised.... I didn't expect anyone here to say that. I actually love the looks of the Commander from the very first time I saw one. Of course I love the styling of the 4Runner also. They are my favorite SUVs.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RedCommander said:
Nice pics, the 4Runner looks surprisingly like a Ford Explorer doesn't it? Especially from the back.
Really? I don't see any resemblence at all. Or are you just kidding around?

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ntrepid43 said:
We both live in Rockland County, NY, which is only about 25 north of NYC. However, our winter cabin is near Syracuse, NY which is one of the snowiest places in the entire U.S. Getting up to the cabin can be a real challenge in the winter because of massive snow accumulations and the fact that the "road" heading up there is an uphill unmaintained trail about a mile off an actual road. Over the years we've each had several different 4wd SUVs and the 4Runner and Commander are the only ones that can consistently make it to the top in bad snow conditions. My cousin had a TrailBlazer before his Commander and an Explorer before that, and neither one of them were worth a damn trying to get up to the cabin in snow. I had a Pathfinder that would never make it up in deep snow either.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's a pic of my cousin's TrailBlazer that he traded in on his Commander. If you look closely, you can see my 4Runner right behind him. This is on the road heading to the trail that leads up to our cabin. Even with Bridgestone Revos on his Trailblazer, he still got stuck several times. Not to worry though... I pulled him out every time! LOL. After getting stuck so often, he almost went out and bought 4Runner, but he just couldn't bring himself to buy an import. So we discussed other SUVs with great 4wd systems and the Commander and Grand Cherokee were his only choice.

·
Registered
717 Posts
"Here's a few pics of my cousin's Commander Limited and my 4Runner Sport. The pictures were taken in the parking lot at work (yes, we work together), but I'll have some better offroad snow pics when we head upstate to the cabin this winter.

In the meantime, enjoy a few comparison shots of our rigs. "

I think it's inspection time for your cousin :D

·
Registered
437 Posts
Everyone thinks the Commander is so big but it's not. These pics prove that.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts