Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was walking over to the hardware store to buy a brass plug for my new oil filter (didn't get a chance to put it on yet) and I saw a Commander

with a tow bar attachment on the front of it

Then as I was walking home I saw an old Jeep Commando! :)

Close up of the Jeepster badge

And a front shot

This one was parked out front of the Goodwill .. so I took it as asign and went in for a look I only had $3 left form buying the brass plug (didn't bring my wallet) .. but I found a brand new USB keyboard for $1.99 :)

Attachments

·
2,248 Posts
The tow bar setup is a Blue Ox, the same one that Adondo and I have on our Commanders.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
That's the right height for a 05/06 XK, mine was the same height till I put the lift on.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
That's pretty cool eh? I actually saw a Commando Saturday. I was like OMG! haha. It was the first time I saw one in person, it was in good shape too.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The tow bar setup is a Blue Ox, the same one that Adondo and I have on our Commanders.
When I saw it originaly I thought it was a set up for a snow plow harness to lock into, as I have a simlar arangement on one of the Tracker's front end.

But them I remembered seeing the tow bar set up here on the site at one time ... looks like a really good set up actualy

Attachments

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's pretty cool eh? I actually saw a Commando Saturday. I was like OMG! haha. It was the first time I saw one in person, it was in good shape too.
I had never heard of a Cammando before I started reaearching for our XK ...what happened is I would be looking up Commander parts on line to see how much common repairs would be and I'd see "Jeep Camando" in the drop down list :)

I don't remember seeing the "Jeepster" badge before either

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
I had never heard of a Cammando before I started reaearching for our XK ...what happened is I would be looking up Commander parts on line to see how much common repairs would be and I'd see "Jeep Camando" in the drop down list :)

I don't remember seeing the "Jeepster" badge before either
Ditto, didn't know about it either until I researched the XK. I know the XK is based of the Wagoneer, I believe they based it off the Commando too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts