Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
i own a 2007 jeep commander with REJ radio and navigation system.
I was wondering to change all the unit with something compatible with the new Apple Car Play system.

No one knows if there is a model compatible with jeep system? I mena steering wheels commands, radio antenna, speakers etc...

thanks a lot.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Check with Crutchfield. Those guys really know their stuff.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
I got curious, so here's what they recommend:

www.crutchfield.com/I-rXYEc222/app/cart/EmailCart.aspx?emKey=1108747
When prompted to choose an interface adapter, select the the PAC RP4CH11 ($79.99).
This will take care of your power and speaker connection, retains the SW controls and makes all of the needed CAN-Bus connections

As for CarPlay - right now there are no aftermarket radios that support it. However, Pioneer will be the first ones to do so with a firmware update to their new NEX line of navigation receivers. That firmware update is due late summer/early fall as of their last notification.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally Pioneer release a firmware update so now 5 models are compatible with Air Play standards.

I would like to know is some of these new models are fitting on the dash of a 2007 jeep commander and if there are any problems with the steering buttons, ves unit, rear camera and gps receiver.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So im more and more interested to replace my original REJ cause is really outdated GUI.

According to Pioneer website there are 11 model that actually support Apple Car Play. (http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/CarPlay/)

I would like to know if each one of this models fits into my dashboard? And even if, using the adapter mentioned before (PAC RP4CH11) i can still use my rear camera system?

Thanks a lot.

With the

1 - 5 of 5 Posts