Jeep Commander Forum banner

Commander as a Toad

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Spyder 
#1 ·
Hello.
I am seeking advice for setting up a 2007 Overland as a toad to be towed behind a motorhome. Suggestions for Braking Systems, Base Plates, Wire Kits, Tow Bars, Etc.
I am preferential to the Demco Tow Bar.
I would like to get a wire kit that does not require drilling into the taillights and uses existing vehicle wiring if there is such a kit. I even thought about using Series 60 Oval Lights in the Bumper, but figure them too low in the sight range.
Base plates are kind of up in the air as to manufacturer or would it be better to go to an after market bumper like Wham, with brackets added for the tow bar? That way you do not loose the tow hooks....
Brake Systems seem to have quite a few options/manufacturers. What have you all used that works for your Toad?
I like using the air systems on the Coaches for brakes, but may want to have the option to tow my GMC at some point in the near future. So maybe a Portable Brake System.
Really trying to narrow this down as there are lots of options, but what setups do you use? Please, be SPECIFIC, what works for you and equally important, what does not.............
TIA
Spyder

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.