Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the Commander to Hatteras Island last week for our annual fishing trip. Man does that thing go in the sand. I think it's my best sand vehicle yet. No spin, no horsing it, just going along smoothly where ever I wanted to go. What a beautiful week. To bad the fish weren't biting. I think I'm going back at the end of December to check out the Striper Bite!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Looks like the sand you were on was wet and packed so there shouldn't have been any problems. Soft sand would have been different. Fishing is always fun whether you catch or not.

·
Registered
391 Posts
NIce pics. Tns for sharing!

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Looks like the sand you were on was wet and packed so there shouldn't have been any problems. Soft sand would have been different. Fishing is always fun whether you catch or not.
Commander works great in soft sand too. I have some video from Savannah showing it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had to go through the soft sand to get there. Was not a problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's always fun to be on the Outer Banks, My second home.

·
Registered
139 Posts
the sand on the outer banks is tough, I run through sand in NJ, DE, MD, and VA but NC sand seems to suck hard, even on a tough vehicle.. I have yet to run the xk on sand but my truck is the one that goes every where and I will vouch for the NC sand wet or dry, packed or loose, the outer banks eat vehicles for fun.... No spot tails over the holidays?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Great pix! I need another beach trip, especially after all of this cold weather!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts