Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a black Commander grille and was wondering if the same color black has been used since the Commander was made. I have a 2009 with the Brilliant Black Crystal Pearlcoat color and would like to know if any black grille from a different model year Commander will match. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Answer is no (in case anyone was wondering). I purchased a 2006 black grille and the black is not the same as the 2009 Brilliant Black Crystal Pearlcoat color.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Sorry I didn't see this post when I was at work. I am a painter at a collision shop. Tomorrow I'll write down the codes for you. Do you know where to find the code on your vehicle? The sticker is in the jamb on the drivers door. On this sticker, the code is PS2,( highlited at bottom in yellow ), which is silver. Make sure you know the code. All blacks are not the same. You have black metallic, blacks on the bluer side, blacks on the browner side, etc.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Your code should be PXR , brilliant black crystal pearlcoat. This color has been around since 2003. According to Jeep's website , this is the only black offered on 09 Commanders. Chrysler has other blacks though, the most popular being PXB , which is a solid black (no metallic flake). I dont know if they made any Commanders prior to 09 that had other black codes on them. I'm sure someone on this forum has a solid black Commander. They will pipe in and let you know. When you buy a new grille from Jeep, it will probably have to be painted. Chrysler usually doesn't offer parts by color code, but there is always a first time. Confirm you color code and maybe you can find a used one that is the same color. It shouldnt be very expensive to have one painted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts