Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum but had my commander for about three months. I've noticed that it bogs down when I tap on the gas lightly. Sometimes I really have to give it gas just to get it going. If I'm pulling a uturn to the left it barely goes. Anyone else have this problem or any ideas what it may be? I have the 3.7 liter engine....I know, small engine but I'm a city/highway driver.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thegreek said:
New to the forum but had my commander for about three months. I've noticed that it bogs down when I tap on the gas lightly. Sometimes I really have to give it gas just to get it going. If I'm pulling a uturn to the left it barely goes. Anyone else have this problem or any ideas what it may be? I have the 3.7 liter engine....I know, small engine but I'm a city/highway driver.
I get the same thing and I have the 4.7. Sometimes it bogs down on hills if I havent given it enough gas. I try to be more light-footed with this truck considering its thirst for fuel, but it hasnt been a real issue for me.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Our 4.7 seems to do it also, not too bad though. Air intake mods will probably help this a bit. It didn't take me too long to get used to giving it a little more peddle. It's the wife's and she wont let me mod it yet.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
274 Posts
I don't think it's an engine hesitation, I think it has to do with fuel peddle travel to the floor. I'm not sure if the throttle is connected physically by a cable or if it's electronically controlled, if it's electronically controlled, it may be adjustable by hooking up to the dealers laptop diagnostic software. We have a 05 Ford bucket truck at work which had the same throttle play problem and it went to the dealer and they adjusted it. Yea I know, is said ford. Just my guess.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've got the 4.7L and have noticed periodic hesitation. In several instances I believe it was the traction control kicking in as I crossed over rough road surfaces, but other times it just seemed to hesitate briefly when I hit the gas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts