1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
thats amazing, I would have like to see the inside after crash. Looks like part of the engine would have sled into cabin?

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
I'm impressed with the first video. It doesn't look like either the driver or passenger was injured and the windshield didn't splinter either. The whole front end was mush, but it looked like the doors would still open without too much of a problem.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Very impressive, makes you feel safe driving one of these around.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
I wonder how a 4.7 bumper changes those results.

·
Registered
9 Posts
very early on, when we got ours, my wife was driving 4 kids in a rain storm. she was going down a hill in heavy rain. there was a wooded bank on her right, and a hill falling away on the left. There was a school bus coming up the hill toward her, and a 8" thick tree or tree branch fell into the road 30 feet in front of her. She ran over it. It tore the right front fender flare off, and gutted the underside of the wheel well. Scared the piss out of her. figuratively. no structural damage. the fender flare snapped back on. most importantly, she didnt collide with the school bus.

love the commander.

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
it does not interfere with any of the crumple zone. i'll show more pictures when i get your bumpers in to explain why it doesn't. i don't want to take my bumper off right now.

this is one of the reasons it took so long to design the bumper.

PolarBZ said:
I wonder how a 4.7 bumper changes those results.

·
Registered
488 Posts
YB Normyl said:
Looks like the drivers knee came in contact with the knee bolster, there's a red paint spot there.

thats better than the whole front end in the passenger compartment though.

I would like tom see a offside to offside/ nearside to nearside crash test as thats the one you are most likely to have rather than a full head on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts