Jeep Commander Forum banner

Commander Custom Order

5K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Jangy 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if you can custom order a regular Commander with the 5.7 Hemi and Quadra-Drive? The 5.7 drives best of the 3 engine choices and I don't want all the fancy stuff ( moveable headlamps, 3 sunroofs, auto A/C). Thanks

#5 ·
The SmartBeam headlights do not move as you go around a turn.

The SmartBeam headlights automatically change their brightness based on oncoming traffic or cars in front of you.

A more in-depth description of how the system works can be seen here: http://www.xkjeeps.com/xk_smartbeam.htm

#7 ·
During my search for my Commander I saw at least one regular Commander (not Limited) w/4.7 liter V8 (not Hemi) that offered Quadra Drive II's two Electronic Limited Slip Diffs (ELSD) (the only real difference between Quadra Trac II and the upcharge Quadra Drive II). I think the upcharge to QDII was only $640 -- the truck had the U option package, as I recall, and stickered somewhere around $37K. This was in Southfield, MI, where I ended up getting my Jeep. A good dealer, BTW.

So you _can_ get QDII as a separate option without getting all the LTD stuff. I thought about the ELSD features and decided to go for the simpler QTII system but if it had been offered on the even lower end Commander I bought I might well have opted for it. A friend who has driven both systems in a car review situation said both negotiated some gnarly stuff with equal aplomb, but that the QDII almost made it 'too easy' to drive!

Commo
Dearborn, MI

#9 ·
I guess it all got cleared up. My benz has the "active" lights and I can "see" it. The Jeeps system can be set to automatic or manual. Also, I like the on / off feature of the lights, but i have not notice it "dimming" at all.

#10 ·
I didn't get the elsd because it's my wifes ride which she says won't go wheelin where I go in my Liberty :eek: even though it will go there easier than I can due to the current ground clearance difference. Us Liberty owners have a forum called "LOST" (Liberty Owners Special Team) with about 1500 members around the world, most of them in the USA. Everyone gives their input about their ride and their mods. With the lsd's you have to change the fluids more & buy an rather expensive friction modifier to add to the diffs or they act weird, but they work great, just a little more maintenance I understand there are clutch discs that might have to be replaced depending how hard you wheel (i guess) Personally, if I get a locker or two, I would go with an ARB air locker. That way I can turn it off completly when I don't need it. Oh yea, the air locker is $$, but worth it. All my info is related to the Liberty but I guess all LSD's are simular. Just my 2c worth. sorry for draggin on so long:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.