Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What happened:

Wife was returning from bringing the kids to school. Pulled into an intersection after stopping. She went to enter crossing road and a teen driver facing opposite direction at the stop sign went just after she did. She was first at the stop. No witnesses so police report says no-one at fault.

So...flat bed coming to take her in later...jeep, not the wife.

You can see in the tire photo...something lodged in the rim. That is part of the Nissan pickup.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Sorry tp hear that happened, hope you get it back quickly.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
What happened:

Wife was returning from bringing the kids to school. Pulled into an intersection after stopping. She went to enter crossing road and a teen driver facing opposite direction at the stop sign went just after she did. She was first at the stop. No witnesses so police report says no-one at fault.

So...flat bed coming to take her in later...jeep, not the wife.

You can see in the tire photo...something lodged in the rim. That is part of the Nissan pickup.
Im sorry for you loss and am glad everyone is ok, but that has got to be the funniest thing I have ever heard.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Teen drivers... how ridiculous how most are inexperienced. That's a bummer the 'police' says it's no-fault. I hope your wife is okay... that's really the primary concern. The XK can be repair... doesn't look too bad. I take it you're covering the repairs via full coverage?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
look closely at the suspension/steering photos....rods totally sheared apart. Yikes.

And this was a low speed hit. Both from dead stops with total distance travel of about 15 feet.

So far....ins adjuster says just over $6000. I say it'll be more once Jeep gets a good look at it....the Jeep place has a collision dept. and they are VERY happy to get some work. haha...they've been slow and 'bored' according to them.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DSC01050.JPG

Insurance so far:

$1500 of rental coverage...already have the car...see above.

towing covered

$500.00 deductable.

Don't know about premium increases yet or any other changes...

·
Registered
452 Posts
Woow, you've already gotten estimates by the adjuster, or is the XK at the collision center already? Yeah, I agree, the estimates will always go higher. Hopefully they don't 'total' it. If they do thou, aiming to get an 09 model to replace her...not the wife btw!!!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wife is heading to chiropractor now.

Jeep dealer says they'll work fast as they can...sounds like they are happy to get the work. We both can't beleive how fast this has all been taken care of. just waiting on the tow truck.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident and hope your wife is okay. It looks like you're getting things taken care of pretty quick.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea...so far so good. Hopefully there won't be any nasty surprises in the next few days. Flat bed just hauled it off.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Any pics of the other truck? Seems like a lot of damage for a low speed hit. Of course, what do I know? However, it does seem like a good time to upgrade to a steel bumper! =)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The other car was a Nissan Titan full size. I was finishing a 4 day trip flying from Charlotte to JFK this morning when the accident happened. I wasn't home in Atlanta till around noon. She didn't have the camera with her.

The Titan hit her square on with his grill. It was still drivable but ours obviously wasn't. Just caught a bad angle on the Jeep.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Titans are pretty big too, and you did get caught at a bad angle. Glad everyone is ok, and I hope the XK pulls through!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
We got prayers in for the XK oh and the driver too :D Maybe she will get lucky and have massage thearpy for few trips they are awesome for back pain and stress.

BTW I love your tires :D just thought I would share that lol

·
Registered
183 Posts
Glad to hear your wife is okay...hope the XK is back on the road sooner than later...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts