Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me, or did early Commanders have a "Commander" chrome emblem in the lower left area of the rear hatch? I swear the Commander I rented had one, but all the ones on the lot now (including the one I bought) don't have one. Was this a mid-year change? I know they increased the MSRP about $300 a few months ago also.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone? anyone? ......

Surely someone has seen this. If you have one on your Commander please post....

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Someone might have tacked one on, but no... the only Commander badge is on the side door trim. I believe the original press photos should confirm this.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
I only remember seeing a chrome "4x4" emblem in the lower left side of the rear hatch.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have noticed that people that dont know what it is will stare at the damn thing until they see the name on the side of the Commander.
Drives me nuts sometimes, with all the a-hole drivers in Dallas.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The one I rented was a base 2wd, and I swear it had one. I may go try to see if I can find it at the rental place and take a picture. It was about 5-6 months ago now so it may be gone.

·
Registered
473 Posts
mine only has the 4x4 emblem on the left side.

haven't noticed any others with anything else except the limited and hemi.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
4x4 emblem is supposed to be on both sides. However, my dad had a Cherokee about 10 years ago that was missing one of the 4x4 emblems from the factory. Possibly the adhesive didn't stick and it fell off without anyone noticing.

·
Registered
473 Posts
i haven't noticed any with two but i haven't been looking. does anyone else have two 4x4 emblems on back?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Only one 4x4 emblem on the left back side. Limited and Hemi emblems on the right back side.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
4x4 emblem is supposed to be on both sides.

I think Jeep went to one 4X4 on rear on all GC several years back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts