Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my Commander last week. Based upon what I have been through this past year, I decided it was not economically responsible of me to continue to drive it. Besides, with the girls off in college, I really don't need it anymore. I'll check in every once in a while and see if I can offer help, from memory, of course, based upon what little of this I have left! I still admire every Commander I pass on the road. Once the Commander is in your blood, it never leaves. See ya. :eek:rangehat:

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Sad to see you go. Are you still driving Jeeps?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
We'll miss ya! Don't forget us buddy, we won't forget you...Good Luck and God Bless...

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Glad you were here as long as you were, good luck to you!

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had a tough year and reality finally set in. I went into my dealer looking for a Dodge Journey, but it wasn't right. So, I set my sights on a Liberty, but in the end, I couldn't pass on the $3,000 rebate on the Nitro. So, I now have a "slammed" Liberty on steroids, with 20" chrome plated "pimp" wheels. Go figure. Oh, and it is part time 4WD. It's silver, as was the Commander. My heart still pines when I pass a Commander. :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
...the Nitro. So, I now have a "slammed" Liberty on steroids, with 20" chrome plated "pimp" wheels. Go figure. Oh, and it is part time 4WD. It's silver,...:eek:rangehat:
Just wait, when a cop pulls you over, he'll ask if this is your son's car. :lol:

I drive a Neon R/T, my poor man's sports car, fun to drive and I took to much care of it, its still running well, so I still drive it. Yes, I have been pulled over and the cop did ask if it was my son's car. :lol:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Well good luck with the Nitro I know what you mean about a tough year gas is going up and it is just getting too expensive, but I wouldn't sell my jeep plan on keeping it for the long run so I just got my wife a 2011 Hyundai Sonata try and save a little on gas. As I had said good luck and don't be a stranger.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well good luck with the Nitro I know what you mean about a tough year gas is going up and it is just getting too expensive, but I wouldn't sell my jeep plan on keeping it for the long run so I just got my wife a 2011 Hyundai Sonata try and save a little on gas. As I had said good luck and don't be a stranger.
The cost of gas is the least of my worries. I have a 40% service connected disability, a spinal fusion @ C5 & C6. A year ago, the disc @ C6 & C7 failed ( I was bone to bone - the surgeon couldn't figure out how I was dealing with the pain) . I had major surgery - 2 bone graft fusions with a steel plate and 6 screws! While on FMLA from my job of 15 years, I was let go! I have been working on a law suit for a year - a slow process. I am waiting patiently for the VA to process my claim. I sold my boat last spring, and I held onto the Jeep for as long as I could, but in the end, I couldn't justify the payments anymore. One very sad day. It would have been paid for in 1.5 years. A black Limited passed in front of me this AM while I was waiting for a light. What a beauty! Please don't feel sorry for me; there are a lot of people out there worse off than I am. I pray for our wounded warriors. Please just say a prayer for me. :eek:rangehat:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts