Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Commander was rear ended

My wife was rear ended driving home. 3 car accident. :sick:

She's fine, besides some stiffness, the Commander is scratched up a bit. Looks like the car got up underneath the bumper and hit the frame, otherwise it would've trashed the bumper. The Commander definitely got the better of the little Saab.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Your bumper looks like mine, except I backed into a steel beam on the right side:) Just some plastic damage...and good to know that nobody was injured. Bumpers are easy to fix.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yeah bumper covers are an easy fix. Make sure
you call the person at fault insurance. My wife
just went through this and we made the mistake
of calling our insurance first. ($500 deductible)
Their insurance provided a free rental along with
paying for all damages.

My wife was stopped at a light in the Patriot
when she got hit. (maybe a month ago?)

It's a good thing when there's no injuries!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She is telling me that it started acting up.

First, after leaving the accident it took a lot of throttle to get it to accelerate onto the freeway from a dead stop. Now its not a fast vehicle and has larger heavier tires on it so I didn't think much of that.

I drove it around that evening and it seems perfectly fine, accelerates normally, drove over several speed bumps with no issues, makes no noises.

The second time, with 6 people in the car it made a really loud sound, (clicking maybe?) and she had to use significantly more throttle than normal to get it to move. She was driving straight on a flat road. After that it has been fine.

I wonder if traction control is activating for some reason.

All that being said, I know that I need to take care of the pinch weld, so I am going to deal with that first this weekend. And my darned truck has an obnoxious exhaust leak, so it's going to be a busy weekend. :(

·
Registered
167 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident! Glad the family is ok. Hope the Commander gets its kinks worked out... Maybe a new tire carrier bumper out of the deal?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry to hear about the accident! Glad the family is ok. Hope the Commander gets its kinks worked out... Maybe a new tire carrier bumper out of the deal?
Thanks, one can hope eh?

I'm thinking that traction control must have been activated for some reason. No issues with it since. Still waiting on the insurance company....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts