Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad:

Well I was in an accident this morning with my black 06 commander. All of the damage is all located in the rear passenger side door. My question is, does anyone know how much the repairs will be around?

If the shop says they want to fix the damaged door (worried about poor work) would it be better to get a new door? I called my dealer and they said an entire brand new door will cost $400.00.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
192 Posts
PLUS....prep, painting, and materials. Labor is the BIGGIE!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The grand total comes out to be $1600. Does anyone know if the door comes from the Manf. painted?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I seriously doubt it. Never heard of such a thing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys. Do you think $1600 sounds right? Will the door be good as new?

·
Registered
20 Posts
i would always replace with OEM parts....doors, handles, everything. Bondo is a great partner with me and my 1986 Jeep, but Bondo is no friend to my 2006 Commander....get a new door from Jeep/Chrysler

·
Registered
107 Posts
In my opinion, replace the door, it's a new truck, depending on the severity of the hit most of the inner door parts should be OK. A dent puller and bondo can do the job but new sheet metal is the ticket if available, as for pre- painted parts, man would that be great but no such luck, they usually arrive with basic primer but still need work to get them perfect. As for the price, 1600.00 is OK but make sure whoever does the work knows in advance that nothing but a perfect repair will be accepted, be a ****, the squeeky wheel gets the grease applies here, the service manager doesen't want headaches with a botched repair job and should use a better tech. Good luck, Todd

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys. Im going to let the repair shop do the work. They are going to be replacing the exterior skin of the door and maybe some internals. Ill keep you guys updated. I pray the paint matches exactly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Total came out to $1560. I was without it for a total of 21 days. But wow, I am happy to have it back. It looks brand new again. Only thing is the inside smells like paint now.:(

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
DAVA said:
Total came out to $1560. I was without it for a total of 21 days. But wow, I am happy to have it back. It looks brand new again. Only thing is the inside smells like paint now.:(
Glad you got it back and are happy with the results... Now, roll the windows down, find an abandoned road and drive really fast, that ought to air it out! :D

Seriously, the paint odor will dissipate in a few days... drive carefully!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts