Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are two videos for my commander driving in soft sand dunes in Saudi Arabia

(links are in the attached text file since I can't post URLs to other sites till I have made 4 posts or more)

Jeep Commander 2007
Sport 4.7L, QTII

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,940 Posts

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Looks like the XK handled pretty good stock. Did you have to air down any?

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Looks like fun, sounded windy up there.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Cool! That looks like a LOT of fun to drive in. I don't think that I could afford the gas to drive all the way to Saudi Arabia, though. I guess that I will just have to enjoy your vid. :D
-Hemi

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CrzCajun said:
Looks like the XK handled pretty good stock. Did you have to air down any?
The sand over here is very soft and dry, and letting the air down is essential otherwise I would have easily get stuck or it would have been very difficult to drive through. The air pressure in both vids were around 17 psi. Also the ESP was in full off and only using 1st or 2nd gears.

I gave it a try couple of times to drive in such sand without letting the air down, and it was very heavy movement like something pulling you backwards.

My commander has QT-II, Do you think QD-II would make a lot of difference in such situations?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another video

Another video

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
I drove my Xterra on the beach @ the Outer Banks, NC. I was never able to get all of that damn sand out of everything, even after 5 years I would come across sand in some spots.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Looks like a blast. Thanks for posting the vids.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Been in Sand Dunes driving course (pics)

I have been in a Sand Dunes driving course last weekend, here are some pics.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Stuck

And eventually stuck !!! :cool:

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cico7 said:
ahmed255 - These are amazing pictures! absolutely amazing! Did you dig out or get pulled out?
I would never do this alone. My friend was with me driving his car and he pulled me from the front. I just was a bit slow, just little faster would have been enough to flip over and slide down.

I also have Air-Jack which might help in such situation if I put it under the rear differential.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Those are some nice pics. Do you have any tips for us?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
nice pics, looks fun.......

·
Registered
807 Posts
thats cool!....looks like you are miles from anywhere.........so is the desert sand hard on the vehicles. i have heard its wears more....

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Good job with the camera.

1 - 20 of 358 Posts