Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So wanted to say bye and let ya'll know that I got $11,000 trade in for my 06 commander 4x2 35k miles. I was lucky to have gotten that. So long all I had a lot of helpful hints from you all I appreciate all the help.

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
Why did you get rid of it ?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was unhappy with dealership service. (I had several problems with it transmission, electrical big pain in the butt long story) We also found out that my husbands new orders are to Maryland and a 2 wheel drive is not something that we can use in snow and ice. Yes I could have gotten a 4wd commander but I had so many problems with dealers service I just had enough.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Consider purchasing another when you settle in at your new location. It was great to have you here for a while.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe one day we will get another commander but I just bought a new subaru forester. Yes I know its not a commander but I am quite happy with it.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
I actually like the new Forester. It looks more like an SUV now than it used to, with a higher ride height and all. It's not a bad little mini-ute and it should prove to be very reliable.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks TR4Runner...I enjoy it and it's a lot of fun to drive. For those wondering what a forester is this is what my new scooby doo looks like.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
nice looking forester. sorry to hear you had problems with your commander.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Sorry you were unhappy with the XK but you made a great choice on the Subaru, they are great cars and they seem to last forever.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Are you coming to Fort Meade by any chance? Thats where I am stationed. I have 4 months left in the Army and then ill be done!!!!!

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Looks like a nice sporty vehicle, I am sure you will enjoy it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the support guys I hated to get rid of the commander I really did I was happy and bummed all at once. We still have my husbands CJ so we are not totally jeepless. As far as the Forester I have only had it a week today but I really enjoy it. I did not get the turbo edition with the little hood scoop deal on it and stuff but I did get leather and all the important stuff. I will do the other stuff I want to it later. In the meantime I am really enjoying it. The only bad part is I am starting all over the commander was almost paid off lol.

Commanderkid- The color is called Sage Green depending on the angle and lighting it turns from green to almost blue looking. I really love it the last one on the lot in that color.

XJaiger- the lack of body moldings makes it so much easier to clean then the commander was. So much easier and faster to clean it.

07JeepXK- Yes we are going to Fort Meade- my hubby is cross rating to CTN so we will be there a lot. We have 10 more years and a few months to go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts