Jeep Commander Forum banner

Should we have a JeepCommander.com XK/HK of the month?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did some searching and didn't see a thread like this...i was on another forum (for my bikes) and they run a sticky...every month we can run a "Commander of the month contest" no prizes just braging rights....for example the month of march...every one who wants to enter posts a max of 4 pictures, a description and the reason why they think they should win.... voting goes from the 1st to the 15th then the winner would be announced march 31st....what d ya'll think?:stickpoke:

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Something like this was discussed once before (when we did the calendar). I might suggest you attach a poll asking who is in favor or opposed and get a number, leave the poll open for 30 days and discussion on this thread. JMO

·
Administrator
15,241 Posts
Something like this was tried before. There are too many members and no way everyone could ever win.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Normally the person who would win the commander of the month would be someone whos commander stands out above and beyond the other commanders. ie Phunkeydudes! Not everyones commander falls in that category. Also not everyone is going to win. Thats the whole point!

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
I was thinking of starting a post regarding "Lost and Found" Commanders. Commanders that we see out in the wild that don't belong to the forum would go in there. Recently there have been roughly a zillion new Commanders in the area and I always want to go stick a jeepcommander.com/forums business card on them. I think I said this before, so I apologize if I keep repeating myself. Girl Scout cookie time is rough on the mind.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
What about a pic of the month with the commander in it. The pic would have to be taken within a certain time frame (like within the month) and then be judged on not only the commander, but where it was taken (background). This would allow those that are not so modified to compete. Like someone said, it's not meant for everyone to win, only for those that went that extra mile.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What about a pic of the month with the commander in it. The pic would have to be taken within a certain time frame (like within the month) and then be judged on not only the commander, but where it was taken (background). This would allow those that are not so modified to compete. Like someone said, it's not meant for everyone to win, only for those that went that extra mile.

i think this would be a great idea

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I like picture of the month, as well. People can vote based on whatever criteria they want, scenery, artistic quality, interesting modification, challenging trail etc. That way, stock Commanders can also get involved. Plus it would get us a lot of great pics to look at.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Added a poll so we can get an indicator of interest.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
I was thinking of starting a post regarding "Lost and Found" Commanders. Commanders that we see out in the wild that don't belong to the forum would go in there. Recently there have been roughly a zillion new Commanders in the area and I always want to go stick a jeepcommander.com/forums business card on them. I think I said this before, so I apologize if I keep repeating myself. Girl Scout cookie time is rough on the mind.
5 thumbs up for this idea. But... No, I dont want any cookies...

And yes, i voted against the COM idea. Too many transient people. Too many clashes. We talked about this before and ended up doing a calendar.....oh yeah....where is it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts