Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I like it. I come from the bagged scene myself, so I can appreciate a nicely done air-job.

Looks very nice.

·
Registered
76 Posts
ge2...were you on the Ford Truck World Site??? That Navvy looks familiar...I came from that site also my handle over there was froglakeford. Sold the 150 and bought a jeep.

The bagged jeep looks nice and clean...not my thing, but I like it!

Tim

·
Registered
87 Posts
Creepy-- yup, I am one of the old timers at FTW. Good to run into you over here!

I had the back and orange expy before the silver one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the feedback. i will post pictures of the set up soon. 1 tank and 2 compressors. Air Struts in the front and bags in the rear. Front,back, side to side, 4 corners, pancake, and other dont know. I just use front/rea up and down. LOL

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LUCKUAX2 you have air struts all around. Can i get pics of the rear set up. i need to take it back to my friend to redo the rear. Its bouncy from the rear. the front is great but ones a bump gets to the rear it bounces. Hit me up with pics. thanks

·
Registered
526 Posts
oops thats my bad. I guess I didn't clarify or I thought I posted something on another thread earlier. I had a 97 Acura Cl that I had struts all the way around and it laid frame. I honestly hated the struts, if you were anything over 1/2 pressure (I think for me like 40 psi) it was like riding a Huffy. Bags are the way to go, smooth and rides like a caddilac its just not as fast or versitile.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had ART shockwaves in the rear of the expy and it was a great ride, supporting a lot of weight back there. They were fully adjustable at the strut. You might consider something like that to eliminate the bounce.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a question about the rear light covers. Are they street legal and where do you get them?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm making an assumption here, but I doubt they are covers at all. Like seen on my expedition (on page one of this thread) and my SRT8 Jeep, I just have them sprayed by my local body shop. You can do it yourself with a product called NightShades, but I have had great luck with experienced body shop folks spraying lenses.

On the SRT I did not leave the reverse light blocked out.... in hindsight I wish I would have, as done on the expedition and the commander in this thread.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Any alteration of the taillight is ileagal in AZ, make sure you check with your local jursidiction before you spend the money. (most alterations violate some law).

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
ge2, that is a sharp SRT8 ! Got any more pics ?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts