Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who said the Commander couldn't drive on water!?

Last weekend we went to our cabin in northern Minnesota. It was a little cold (-29 degrees), but it was a great time. The Commander was great in the ice and snow.

This is the road that led to our cabin, about 1 1/2 feet of snow.

This is on one of the ice roads up there. The Commander is in the middle of the lake, with about 23 inches of ice below.

Now how many of you would try to drive on water!?

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Do you have bigger versions of these pics ?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would if I knew how to make them bigger, are they too small?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sciron4x4 said:
Frickin awesome, man. Have you ever watched any of the "Ice Road Truckers" shows on... I think... History Channel? Nuts!!
It is a great show, I hope they have another season of it. I don't think you will see any big rigs on this lake though. :(

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
hemi lover said:
I would if I knew how to make them bigger, are they too small?
I would like to use them in a screensaver I am making.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I remember driving on the frozen lakes and ice fishing in North Dakota when I was in the Air Force there. And Yes, it is cold.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
great pics man, but i'll stick with the vegas weather....

·
Registered
397 Posts
testa23 said:
great pics man, but i'll stick with the vegas weather....
Oh sure you say that now, I bet the tune changes in August when you guys down south can't even get into your Commanders because the door handles are too hot to touch! :eek: :D

·
Registered
269 Posts
Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
javascript:void(0);

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fohn_Jargo said:
I would love to see some video of the Commander driving through all that white stuff.

I didn't even think of taking a video as my son was driving through it, I guess we'll have to wait till next year! The commander did great though, I put it in 4lo once going over a pretty steep hill, not because it got stuck, I just wanted to make sure it didn't get stuck.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Riddle said:
Oh sure you say that now, I bet the tune changes in August when you guys down south can't even get into your Commanders because the door handles are too hot to touch! :eek: :D
ya can get pretty hot out here, but lots of parking garages with shade...

·
Registered
230 Posts
They do look great! Nice job and so far, the Commander has exceeded all expectations in deep snow here in the Northeast as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts