Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought about this one for a while before starting this thread. I'm just a plain country boy so I like my vehicles simple. My wife likes the gizmos. I don't special order vehicles and just look for one on the lot that satisfies everything. But....I have noticed that the Commander has a lot of options and there seems to be a lot of variation between vehicles on the lot. I haven't seem some items on the lot though like the navigation system. Wonder if this is by order only. I just got the inferno red 4x4 limited and theres a lot of bells and whistles in the thing. Thought maybe some people would like to through out what they bought and if it was stock or special order and maybe if there were some "essential" items that for some reason did not get packaged (like the hitch for example). Some of you seem pretty savey on these things and I do have a question. On the 4x4 (the thing has a trail rated emblem on the side) what exactly does that get you on the vehicle other that the 4x4? Anything else that makes it different?

My limited 4x4 has everything but: navigation system, DVD entertainment, uconnect. They only had the one limited on the lot.

·
Registered
77 Posts
... if I may suggest, do not research, it is too late - just enjoy :)
If you do want to drive yourself crazy, go to the Jeep Website and "buy" a new one. They will guide you step by step through the configuration process. There you can easily identify what package you got or could have gotten.
Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
The biggest factor for getting the trail rated badge is the transfer case, it must have a selectable 4 Low range. Other than that most of the Jeeps without it pass all of the other requirements.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I searched through 3 dealerships for an XK with the options I wanted and could not find a one. I special ordered - took about 6 weeks but well worth the wait to drive a vehicle with exactly the options I wanted - which was pretty much everything but the rear DVD - I am single and have no need for that $1500 option.:p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts