Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went back home to my parents farm for a few days to visit and help out a bit. While i was there I went out and found some large rocks for landscaping to take back home to Lincoln, NE. I also cut up a bunch of firewood for camping coming up this Memorial Day weekend. My commander was basically a farm truck this past few days. I even helped my brother round up some cows with it. It would have made a great video if I could have had some one to run the camera.....what i sight it was, my brother on the a fourwheeler and me in the commander, chasing cattle.......

But i do have some photos of some of the traveling to and from those hard to get to place on the back side of the farm.....even though part of the time it as pretty muddy, I still got back in one piece. My lift kit is on order and I dont had my tires on yet.....they would have helped, but still made it.

a few photos:

http://picasaweb.google.com/ped4599/JeepCommanderRockHunting

a short video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j4l-PMsEYQ

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Very nice photos and video ,, nice place and nice sunny day. Thanks for sharing,

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
dh63269 said:
Why is their a big rock in the back of your truck?
ped4599 said:
I went back home to my parents farm for a few days to visit and help out a bit. While i was there I went out and found some large rocks for landscaping to take back home to Lincoln, NE.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Fohn_Jargo said:
jeep5253, you're easily aggrivated, aren't you. :)
Yes, when people ask questions and the answer is right in front of them.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Looking good, but what the heck happened at 1:10? You need some more power or traction or something... =)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Great Pics and Vid, embrace the wide open spaces while we still have them, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
like everyone said great pics and video. thanks for posting.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
PolarBZ said:
Looking good, but what the heck happened at 1:10? You need some more power or traction or something... =)
assuming you mean the spinning while climbing the ditch...........I had borrowed different digital camera since my wife had our regular one at the time......which the borrowed one -- i didn’t know it-- but apparently only takes 10 seconds of video at a time, so i was never able to get it to record much, including getting up out of there.....the next day i had to climb out of another ditch just like that and had to gun it pretty good but made it out just fine.....those ditches and hills are so much steeper then it appears in the photos and video (in fact i was thinking about going back with a tape measure and level and seeing what percent slope some of those hills are).....but it’s the one main fall back to having the QT1 sport model.... you can not lock it in LOW 4wd....where on the Grand Cherokee i used to have you could lock it down and get all the wheels to turn.....I guess you give and take a little here and there.....hehe....

:D But i I think we all need to have full time camera people following us around when we are out and about, off road for the purpose of this forum......hehe.....some of the real good challenges and obstacles that I was able to get my commander through, couldn’t be recorded cause i had to focus on driving rather than the camera....i didn't want to end up shiny side down......hehe :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts