Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We used the wife's commander to pull our pup on a camping trip this weekend, and we got a few cool pics.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Very cool pics! And I don't care what anyone says, those rims just look right on a Commander!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. If I ever contemplated wheeling, even mildly, in the commander, I'd do different wheels for sure. But we've got another vehicle for that kind of thing :)

I did just add new tires to the SRT wheels last week though, and they ride SOOOOOOO much smoother than the silly run-flats that came on the SRT.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
The nice thing about a PUP is you can put it almost anywhere. Nice pics.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Me too!! I also love the look of those rims on the XK. Looks great.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Great pics. Thanks for sharing. I'm also considering getting a popup. The wife doesn't like camping because of the heat, but a popup with A/C would do. Also less gas for towing.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup-- that was sort of our logic. We were tent campers before kids, then started renting a motorhome when our kids were too young to tent camp. Last summer we tent camped as a family a few times and liked it, but missed, heat, a/c, shower, toilet, sink :) You know-- all the silly creature comforts. So this was a good compromise for us. It gives us all the sissy stuff we need, but is still really fun to camp in and it can go about anywhere we would want. We didn't want to have to buy a more capable tow vehicle if we bought a big trailer, plus then we'd have to deal with storage.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Cool pics, The shadow pics while running are really neat. I like the srt 8 rims, looks good as a street mod.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
great pics and i agree sweet rims. my wife and myself have considered getting a tear drop trailer for quick getaways.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Very nice pics. I too am a fan of those SRT wheels, but from the shadow pics you posted it almost looked like you'd borrowed DH's rig for the weekend!

:D

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
ge2 said:
Yeah :) I kinda thought they looked like wagon wheels in the shadow pics too.
I thought the same thing too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts