Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know how whatever you're into, you want the whole world to be into also? (If a kid has a red ball, then it's the best color ball a kid could have). I thought it would be interesting to come up with the beefs and put downs actual owners could come up with. Keeping it short and sour. I suppose there is always the risk of disuading any potential buyers when they read it so, if it's a bad idea.... nevermind. BTW, I think Mikey has already contributed. (the gas tank and all) I believe that this site should be informative and entertaining......

·
Registered
39 Posts
Two gripes with the commander the first one is the lack of the 4wd control. I have owned 1 wrangler,1 wrangler rubicon and a Liberty since I was 18, I'm 26 now. All of those have had 4wd levers and it made me feel comfortable knowing I could just pull a lever and 4wd was engaged. While I haven't had any problems with the commander in the snow yet I don't like the idea of a computer telling me when its going to engage the 4wd/ESP for me. I do have the 4 low (4.7 v-8) but have yet to encounter a situation for it.

2nd- The 3rd row seats aren't removable, I am a line officer with a fire department and use the commander for fire and EMS calls and wish the 3rd row could be removed to store my fire gear and EMS equipment and the cargo mat isn't that great from what I have seen of it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The second row seats have too litle knee room. The third row takes up lots of room, even when folded. Access to the third row is laborious. No map lights. No rear lid closing feature (auto not manual). Can't open the rear window and drive (like other makes). I am not a fan of stadium seating.

That's it.

I LOVE MY JEEP.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldn't last 5 minutes in that third row seat. It's a jeep, how about some ground clearance! !7" rims suck for offroad. I want 12" with 33" overall diameter. (more cush and less rim scraping).

·
Registered
96 Posts
Jeeps don't need no stinkin' three rows of seats! Who wants to drive with that many back seat drivers anyway?...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not very family friendly when it comes to car seats. The rear head rests don't raise up to accomdate most car or booster seats for the kids.

·
Registered
136 Posts
These are rather minor things but still...
1. When the radio is "ON" the clock numbers are exactly 1/8" high - extremely small while radiostation numbers are 1/2" high. They just could not make them both 3/8" or something. This is the smallest clock out of all cars.
The funny thing happens when you turn off the radio - the clock grows to half an inch.
2. The buttons for cruise control have always been illuminated on all the cars I owed. Actually, this is kind of minor as you learn them by touch real fast.
3. Overall, the speedometer could have been 20% bigger while the RPM gage(less important) could have been 20% smaller.
4. The plastic mirrors are look too damn cheap - they could not make'em chrome or color-coordinated.
5. Thanks god never been in an accident yet but the bumpers feel like they won't survive 0.1 mile an hour collision. They are purely for decoration. Try not to parallel park it. But that's the way they make all SUVs now, not just Jeep.
6. After a few attempts I finally figured how to get rid of that irritating seat belt chime (it's in the manual). But I thought that putting in both the visual light warning AND the non-stopping chime is unnecessary. Visual is plenty of warning - you cannot forget it.
7. Total luck of any kind of worthwhile storage room (everything is taken by the third seat and the tire). There is no place to hide anything (like jump cable). Exception - see below.
8. Cargo cover and back mesh should have been included with a car.
9. ONE POSITIVE THING! I applaud to the idea of putting those little nooks and crannys all over the place - it ir very nice. There is a place to put your phone and it won't fly away.
Those are all extremely small things which totally pale away compared to gas tank size boo-boo. If not for that, the car drives and feels great with no problem whatsoever. Yeah, and lights are just fine.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I could not help but had to add these:
10. If I paid my money for power seat option, I want to be damn sure the passenger seat height seat is also adjustable, just like drivers and it is not. And I cannot care less about the "stadium seating". People in front are always more important than those in the back
11. The "great" 3rd seat should have been removable without use of tools.
'nuff said.

·
Registered
195 Posts
This has been covered in another string: the third row seats can be rather easily removed. Remove the plastic tool box, and you'll see the one bolt and three nuts that need to come loose. The bolt has thread-lock on it, so it takes some effort. The seat then slides right out - as someone said, it's much easier to lift out with two people. I covered the exposed bolts etc. with drilled wood blocks and then laid rug samples on top. Gained several cf of storage & it's easier to load. (You'll have to find a place for the jack and tire wrench, & somewhere to store the seat.)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Map light.
Bigger tank.
Illuminated steering wheel and column controls.
Height adjustable passenger seat.
Minor issues.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts