Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed the Mopar roof basket for the Commander? I was wondering how much height it adds and if it affects the Sirus reception at all.
Saw one on a Commander at the Chicago Autoshow and really like the looks of it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hmmm.... I'm looking around for a roof basket also.

There are quite a few aftermarket ones...

I'm wondering if the Mopar Jeep Roof basket specified for the Grand Cherookee will fit OK with our Commanders:

i.e. http://www.justforjeeps.com/racaroba1.html

The ones on EBAY above $250 look ok. But it'd be nice to have that Jeep logo on the front faring :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Do a search. A member posted several picks of the Mopar rack/basket on a Commander. I also believe pics are posted of the Yakima LoadWarrior and a rigged Kargo Master as well.

I've been keeping a running list of several systems that fit the Commander:
- Mopar (Direct bolt on, uses an adapter for factory rails. I'm not sure I like it).
- Yakima (Direct bolt on. Good basic rack but seems out of place to me).
- ORU Defender (good looking rack, not quite as civilian duty as Yakima).
- SmittyBilt (odd, but unique open ended look).
- Garvin Industries (Ron emailed today saying it is due out at years end, I'll probably hold out for this one. Seems more appropriate on a Jeep to me).

I need a good rack on mine to haul wet gear, canoe, kayaks, recovery gear, lighting, maybe in the neighborhood of 150 - 200lbs total weight. I'm sure all the above are capable of this. In addition, I may try either an Olympic or a WP elevated receiver rack as well.

XKPearl

1 - 3 of 3 Posts