Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 542 Posts

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met the owner of River Raider Snorkel Systems at the Jeep show and asked him if he made anything for the XK. He said not yet, but if the interest is there he will. Below is the link to the page. Contact Kenny Hauk if you are interested and also post in this thread if you contacted him. Very nice guy!!

http://www.riverraider.com/River_Raider/home.html

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4.7commander said:
any idea of what the cost of one would be like. i'd like one, the stock air box could really suck in some crap if i went in deep enough.
I clicked on the shop tab on the web page and saw the prices are from $475 - $499, depending on the type of jeep.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He drove the red JK that you see on the front of his page to the show. That thing was sweet.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Did we ever figure out whether or not the rest of the components underneath could take a swim or not?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Its a jeep of course they can!

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
jeep5253 said:
Yup, thats the thread I remember. But, it doesn't look like the exact location of the breather lines was even established - an unresolved water fording question.

Thanks for the reminder about that thread though. I think in the future, I'll forgo the "Search" and just wait for Jeep5253 to bring the exact thread I wanted up for me. =) He's my new "Search function." A little slower than the other, but SOOO much more precise!

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts
PolarBZ said:
Yup, thats the thread I remember. But, it doesn't look like the exact location of the breather lines was even established - an unresolved water fording question.

Thanks for the reminder about that thread though. I think in the future, I'll forgo the "Search" and just wait for Jeep5253 to bring the exact thread I wanted up for me. =) He's my new "Search function." A little slower than the other, but SOOO much more precise!
Well, no it's not unresolved. Jeep says no more than 19 inches, so it really doesn't matter where the breather lines are located.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Yeah, but what Jeep says and what the vehicle is actually capable of, especially with a lift and bigger tires, are two different things.

·
Registered
74 Posts
PolarBZ said:
Yeah, but what Jeep says and what the vehicle is actually capable of, especially with a lift and bigger tires, are two different things.
True, even stock, I went through more then 19"
of water and it was fine, I had water over the front bumper.

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts
4.7commander said:
the front diff breather goes up to the passenger-side
To where? How high up ? Pics ?

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts
PolarBZ said:
Did we ever figure out whether or not the rest of the components underneath could take a swim or not?
http://www.jeep.com/trailrated/waterfording.htmlhttp://www.jeep.com/trailrated/waterfording.htmlhttp://www.jeep.com/trailrated/waterfording.html-er Fording
WATER FORDING COME ON IN. THE WATER'S DEEP AND UNFORGIVING. If you find yourself face to face with a deep puddle, Jeep® 4x4s can help you get through it. Their ability to ford deep water is achieved with a sealed central venting system that protects drivetrain components from moisture.

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts
4.7commander said:
it attaches to a bolt on the strut. i think you have to take your coolant over-flow off to see it. its round with a hose going down to the diff.
Thanks78910

·
Registered
39 Posts
Kenny at River Raider....

Is a great guy! Met him several times (offroading in my JK!) and he definitely has the fab skills to craft someting that would work well, and look great! I'm not a deep water guy, so I haven't gone for a snorkel yet, but seen many installed and seen a bunch o fthem Dunked! and I mean Dunked to water at the windshield wipers on a JK on 37's and 5"s of lift! Ran like a charm! Even while I took my time to hook up the strap!

·
2,248 Posts
If you do ford a stream you need to check your fluids when you get a chance. By fluids I also mean the differentials, the transmission, transfer case and especially the wheel bearings and CV joints. The newer wheel bearings may be sealed, but I you can ruin them in a hurry with water contamination. This is old advice from when I used to offroad in my TJ and it is worth what it costs. Water contaminated fluids will usually be white and frothy.

1 - 20 of 542 Posts