1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Doubt it was a test mule, most of those are destroyed as the manufacturer does not want any liability from them.

To me, this vehicle is probably stolen and stripped and then someone A.) either found it and got an abandoned vehicle claim on it or B.) has the balls to sell a vehicle they stole and will shortly be sharing a bunk with Bubba in the state pen.

·
Registered
473 Posts
i have been at the track (my son races there) when subaru has had test mules there. they had no VIN and i was told that they are destroyed afterwards. i doubt this was a test mule. call bubba and tell him his roommate is on the way.:D

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was looking at the pictures. This must be some kind of company vehicle that was supposed to be destroyed. Do you notice the lack of Jeep emblems on it both front and rear? Also notice the chrome piece under the front bumper. Those are only on limited's. Was this a limited or not? Painted grills only on a sport/base model. Wheel flares are off a sport model. Those wheels look like those seen on some of the spy photos during the months leading up to the Commander be released.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Did you see how clean it was underneath - it doesn't look like a test mule. I wonder if it was a flood damaged car from a dealer lot somewhere. The things missing are the items that would've been damaged in a flood.

That doesn;t explain the lack of a VIN though.

·
Administrator
15,199 Posts
walkjon said:
Those wheels look like those seen on some of the spy photos during the months leading up to the Commander be released.
That's exactly what I thought when I saw those wheels.

·
Administrator
15,199 Posts
walkjon said:
Those wheels look like those seen on some of the spy photos during the months leading up to the Commander be released.
That's exactly what I thought when I saw those wheels.

·
Administrator
15,199 Posts
RedCommander said:
Weren't all of the fender flares the same in 06?
No. The limited had the flares with the fake allen bolts.

·
Administrator
15,199 Posts
JamesF250 said:
The things missing are the items that would've been damaged in a flood.
Ummm...Pretty much everything is missing--basically it is just a shell. I've seen flood damaged cars with much more stuff salvaged on it than this. All the plastics like the dash, door panels, and console would still be good.

·
Administrator
15,199 Posts
RedCommander said:
Ahh, I didn't think those started until 07. My bad.
Just the opposite. For 2007, and I think for 2008, the flares with the bolts are an option. I have seen 2007 Limiteds without the bolts.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Didn't one of our England owners have his ripped off?

Doubt even a dealer could restore this and make a decent buck on it.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Here's what needs to happen - put an SRT hemi in that thing and wheel it like it's stolen !! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts