Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Commander 3.7L V6 4WD QT-I
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 Jeep Commander v6 177k miles. I bought it new.

About a month ago the tire presure sensor came on while I was driving but it started flashing which I hadn't seen before. Che ked the tires etc. and they were fine and to make a long story short it had a C2200 code. After a little research I figured the ABS module was probably bad. Since that part was hard to find and it was cold I decided to wait a bit to fix it. Yesterday in addition to the light that was on the ABS the traction control light, especially bas, and brake light all came on and they come on every time I drive but not until I get to about 10 mph. I went to az to have it scanned and the only code was the same c2200. I expected a wheel speed sensor had went bad bc these are the same lights - tire presure light a year ago and I replaced one wheel sensor to remove it. Any thoughts on what I should test and if this is one or two different problems? Why did the sexond set of lights come on a mo th or so after the initial problem came up?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,785 Posts
@Greenstarfish03
Please make a signature with your Commander details. (year, model trim, engine, 4wd system, etc.) It is nice for us know what your Commander has in it so we can better help you.

To make a Signature click here - Signature - How to make or modify

To get the list of everything built into your Commander when built at the factory - have your VIN number (case sensitive) and go here Chrysler Build sheet - Equipment Listing Not necessarily for your signature but so you know what you have.

Reactions: Arapahoe

·
Registered
2008 Commander 3.7L V6 4WD QT-I
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Greenstarfish03
Please make a signature with your Commander details. (year, model trim, engine, 4wd system, etc.) It is nice for us know what your Commander has in it so we can better help you.

To make a Signature click here - Signature - How to make or modify

To get the list of everything built into your Commander when built at the factory - have your VIN number (case sensitive) and go here Chrysler Build sheet - Equipment Listing Not necessarily for your signature but so you know what you have.
@rblapham I updated my signature. Let me know if I need anything else.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,785 Posts
Looks great. :LOL:

·
Premium Member
Dallas TX
354 Posts
i figure they are unrelated. you can purchase a subscription to AppCar, the FCA or stellantis software and turn you TPS system off and start there. with the age of our vehicles the TPMS sensors will be needing replacement.

if I recall the appcar was not too expensive and was worth it for all the things you can do. (adjust wheel diameter to correct speed, turn signal 'bump' to lane change are a few things i found in there)

·
Registered
133 Posts
From my reading on this problem (seems common), ABS, tow lights etc. on your dash are related to a bad wheel speed sensor. There are four of them, one for each wheel. They're cheap, just a lot of work to pull out. You'll need to remove the wheel, and the brakes. There's a chance that you might find a bad sensor when doing this, but there's a chance it might be bad and not obvious to the eye. Best to just change the four of them out and then you're good until the next time one of them goes naff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts