Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went mudding down the street from my house at some construction site and some dude with a black FJ was watching me play around, then as I was leaving he stopped me and asked me a few ?'s about my Jeep!...Then he went on talking about how his Fj could out dig/climb and pretty much out perform my Commander!!...All I said was "LETS DO IT"....Then we just discussed when and where and I got the dudes #!....So in ya'lls opinion..Could a FJ out perform a commander???....The only thing I noticed is that he has a few more inches of ground clearence!...Well hit me back I'm making plans for this weekend to put'em to the test!..

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Have you looked at the FJ forum? The vehicle is very good off-road, even totally stock. I think you'll have a hard time keeping pace with him! I hope you have QDII

·
Registered
20 Posts
Tough to compare since the weight and size of the Commander are more than the FJ. The FJ is a nice 4wd out of the box.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TR4Runner said:
Here's a girl driving a stock FJ through Hell's Gate.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=A5KyVaeeW54
Holy crap:eek: Fj's are pretty damn tough, I think a Commander could make it through Hells Gate!:cool: ....So Fj's have better ground clearence and their lighter but less HP, and a Commander has more weight but has more HP but less ground clerence, so all I need is a lift and I'll be giving Fj's a run for there money:D ?!!...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm deff respecting what FJ's are capable of!..BUT DAMNIT I OWN A JEEP!...Lol

·
Registered
527 Posts
Come on, get real that is like comparing the Wrangler to the Sequoia...... :D True Jeeps take to of roading better than most stock SUV's but think about what you are comparing. The FJ is an amlost purpose built Off roader. I love my Jeep, but lets keep comparisons remotely even......

·
Registered
89 Posts
Bulldog9 said:
Come on, get real that is like comparing the Wrangler to the Sequoia...... :D True Jeeps take to of roading better than most stock SUV's but think about what you are comparing. The FJ is an amlost purpose built Off roader. I love my Jeep, but lets keep comparisons remotely even......
I totally agree with you. So what are your thoughts on what the Commander should be compared to?

I would compare a Commander to:
  • LR3
  • H2
  • 4runner

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
SF_JEEP said:
I totally agree with you. So what are your thoughts on what the Commander should be compared to?

I would compare a Commander to:
  • LR3
  • H2
  • 4runner
I dunno about the H2......but I agree with the others.

Maybe the H3 would be a better comparison?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TR4Runner said:
I dunno about the H2......but I agree with the others.

Maybe the H3 would be a better comparison?
I agree the H2 is way to big to compare with a commander, but the H3 would probably be a better comparison!...
Commander vs H3 = X
Commander vs 4runner = X
Commander vs Exterra = X
Commander vs Montero = X

X=COMMANDER!!:D

·
Registered
101 Posts
I totally love my Commander but I have to agree with others on this forum, The FJ would kill a commander stock out of the box.
Good Luck and and may you make us Jeep owners proud!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thats why is better to learn what the competition is out there and avoid trash talking without knowledge of the capabilities of other guy's ride. This is true in the track and on the off roading trails.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Do you guys realize that the FJ is almost mechanically identicle to the 4Runner? The only real difference is that the FJ is available with a factory rear locker. The 4Runner uses electronics (ATRAC) to route torque from one side of the axles to the other.

The FJ has the same technology, but you can't use both at the same time. If you lock the rear axle, the ATRAC shuts off automatically. Toyota really should have designed the FJ's system to allow both to operate simulataneously.

·
Registered
396 Posts
FJ's are cool, but I love my HEMI!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Commander vs. FJ.

Took our Commander to Paragon two months ago (eastern PA). The park is exclusively an off road venu and is tough!

My opinion is that the two are pretty equally matched. The better comparison would be a Wrangler since that is teh FJ's competition. We had on of those too - Wrangler could do more and easily out performed the FJ.

·
Registered
31 Posts
impressive, but at the end of the clip is that not a Jeep Cherokee (red) in stock form already at the top?

Also I never knew that UPS Workers could double as trail guides......

1 - 20 of 26 Posts