Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I am a new member here and I would like your opinion comparing the JC and the LR3. I like the commander, but the LR3 apparently is also a tough competitor even with the V6. I am not an off road driver though.

Do you all like the commander so far? What about space and comfort 2nd and 3rd row?

Any news regarding crash tests?

I am looking for 7 passengers ability, but don't want to buy a huge car like the Tahoe although the 2007 one is nice.

Thanks

·
Registered
160 Posts
I agree that new tahoe is nice. We have been very happy with the commander. My feelings are the LR3 is ten to 15 thousand more, with the money you save. Take a nice vacation, get a plasma, invest, add a room edition and enjoy your commander. maximo

·
Registered
107 Posts
If you have to get seven in a car the only real way to do it is to get the Denali or Suburban. 7 adults won't fit for long in a Commander or the Tahoe. I have the commander and a Denali and 7 in the Denali is tough but can be done.

I got out of an RS6 because my wife is expecting our third child and the commander is the ticket for a family of five. You might have to get creative with a luggage rack for trips but a good roof rack makes it look that much better.

Bob

·
Registered
29 Posts
We narrowed down our final choice between an LR3 and Commander... mostly due to off road capability, though highway comfort was an important consideration. We test drove the Commander (with the Hemi) and the LR3, and the decision was made for us. The Commander sells itself. The LR3 has a lot of clap-trappy do-hikies that I feared would be a reliability and cost problem later on. Because it is a 'British' (Ford) car, the maintenance costs (brake jobs, oil changes, etc.) after out of warranty are VERY high compared to the Jeep. But the biggest factor that sold us was the pick up on the highway and the power the Commander Hemi had. The LR3 couldn't hold a candle to the Jeep. I had horrible visions of lumbering up steeps hills when going up to the mountains when the LR3 was hunting -n- pecking just trying to get up the freeway on ramp!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Second row fits two adults and one good-sized car seat well.
Back row can fit an adult fine but on longer trips may be a little cramped ie 2 hours or more. For in-town it's big enough. I fit in the back at 6' 200lbs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Besides the space and comfort, I believe the Jeep is a better made vehicle than the Tahoe. Friends had the Tahoe and have compared it to my Jeep Commander...they like my XK.

·
Registered
444 Posts
That is friggin hallarious! But i like when people bring up good old threads like this one that I've never seem... makes for good reading and reviews.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Yeah, this is an old post. I don't think they even offer the V6 in the Land Rover anymore.

·
Registered
391 Posts
LOL! Wow I hope this guy (Saber) made his choice! This is a long time to decide! LOL

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was going to offer my opinion, (being a former Land Rover driver), but you're right if he hasn't made up his mind by now....

(by the way, go Commander. I was into our Discovery for repairs the same total as I paid for it in two years.)

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have a feeling that if he had decided to buy the Commander, we would have known about it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts