Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i own a 2006 commander. The stock wheels are are 17 inch i believe with a 5 on 5 bolt pattern. my question is can i put a 17x9 inch rim on the vehicle? can i put an 18 inch wheel on it? not sure. thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Yes.......

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Sure you can. It just depends on what size tires you plan on getting.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I think if you wanted you could put 20's on it with rubber band tires.You do know that 245/65r17's wont fit an 18 inch wheel right? Make sure you get the correct offset/backspacing on your wheels, if you ever decided to run a larger tire you could rub based on offset/backspacing :) Oh, and welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
2,788 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
the tire size is P245/65R17
Ummmm, you can't install a 245mm wide tire on a wheel that is 9 inches wide. For you to run a 17x9 your going to need a wider tire, and the only problem with that is the wider the tire gets the taller it gets too. For the proper size tire to fit on a 17x9 I wouldnt personally run anything less then a 285/70 and to run that size wheel youd need a 4 inch lift. You could run a 275/70 but you still wounldnt be able to fit it unless you had a lift.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no i didnt know that my current tires wont fit 18 inch wheels thats why i turned to this forum for help..thanks for the welcome...the wheel i am looking at is a 17x9. there is a ton of great information on this website. i appreciate the help.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Read the post above your last post. That gives you the info you need to run a 17x9 wheel on the commander.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts