Jeep Commander Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,098 Posts
Looking at the close up pictures of the front door opening and hinges I wouldn't buy it. That door will never fit like it should, which is probably why the insurance co. totalled it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
If it was QTII or QDII, at that price, it would be a great candidate to turn it into a "hard-core" off-roader. (With a good deal of custom work =) But, QTI just isn't worth it.

!c

·
Super Moderator
15,098 Posts
commanderdrone said:
If it was QTII or QDII, at that price, it would be a great candidate to turn it into a "hard-core" off-roader. (With a good deal of custom work =) But, QTI just isn't worth it.
You're right. And it only has the 3.7L V6.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Well every insurance company I have dealt with would never total a vehicle if it were not severly damaged and not cost effective to fix it. Seeing the value of a replacement VS fixing this one I would bet there is way more to that mess than meets the eye.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
It could be fixed as good as new with perfect alignment and perfectly functioning doors. Only question is would it be economical to do it? I'd guess only if you're a body man and wouldn't have to pay any labor.

·
Registered
35 Posts
With the 'unibody on frame', it could be difficult to remove a tweak like that.
Does a conventional frame straightener work on those, etc?

It took a pretty solid hit and I wouldn't take the chance, especially with the drivetrain.

·
Registered
104 Posts
According to E-Bay this thing sold for $11,400.00. I looked it up on Edmunds and the value should be at about $19,000.00 - $20,000.00 (if you believe them). Don't know about anybody else, but considering what will have to be done with it, I don't see the value...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nitro Express said:
According to E-Bay this thing sold for $11,400.00. I looked it up on Edmunds and the value should be at about $19,000.00 - $20,000.00 (if you believe them). Don't know about anybody else, but considering what will have to be done with it, I don't see the value...
If you look at the buyer's history, he/she buys a bunch of salvage/destroy vehicles, and lots of OEM parts from overseas. I'm sure he probably makes a reasonable profit at it, or has been losing money and hoping he'll make it even one day =)

A funny thing though, is you can see that he bought a salvage mercedes for $24k, and see some of the parts he replaced on it *grin*

!c

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.