Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one seen the wood appliques that they are offering to make your Commander look like the nostalgic Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer? What do you think?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Re: woody commander pic

Maybe I am in the minority, but I hate fake stuff. Imitation diamonds and handbags are just as bad as my imitation wood and screw “design”. It was almost reason enough NOT to buy my otherwise beloved Commander Limited. It came with the plastic chrome covered aluminum wheels as well. Were it not for the fact that those are the stronger wheels (forged not cast), I would have changed them against the less expensive rims. Not only are they harder, but the chrome plastic actually makes the rims much easier to clean. JEEP should not stand for show, but for “form follows function”

·
Registered
275 Posts

I'm with Faustus, I don't like the woody thing. Is there actually something screwed to the body? I never liked the woody Jeeps years ago. the sticker eventually peels off. But hey, some people like it:)

·
Registered
80 Posts

I don't like it. I did like the chrome fender lugs and I even thought about buying and switching out the flares. ( ours is the base model) . But it would have been around $800. to do it and then I thought " That's more crevice to catch dirt, polish and wax". I don't need them. So , they don't hold anything on, do they?

·
Registered
401 Posts

kidatforty said:
So , they don't hold anything on, do they?
They are fake, but the ones on the dash are real.

·
Registered
32 Posts

Looks almost as good as the Plymouth Grand Voyager with wood-like stickers. They held up real well.........NOT

·
Registered
50 Posts

Oh god I hope they don't start mass producing this hideous thing...resale value of my commander can only suffer.

·
Registered
437 Posts

I have a 90 Grand Wagoneer woody and it looks right.

:eek: This dosen't look right!

·
Registered
437 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts

walkjon said:
Ok guys, take a look at this link.
It's the official "Woody" kit for your Commander.

I will have to say this kit looks better on this black Commander than the one posted above.

Not as much "wood"

What da all think?

http://www.autotrimdesign.com/Shopping Pages/Installation Information/Custom Graphics/ATD-JPCMNDRGRPH1/ATD-JPCMNDRGRPH1.htm
Quite possibly one of the ugliest vehicles I have ever seen... No offense to anyone who is thinking about doing it, but, damn!...:eek:

·
Registered
128 Posts

I guess on the black one it doesnt look as hidious as the other one. for 800 bucks almost i would get bigger tires or some kind of lift kit or something, not that;) wood

1 - 20 of 106 Posts