Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I will add more pics later....just wanted to throw it up real quick to see what you guys think. Actually getting another rim and tire and roof rack,along with a new bumper in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
looks sharp!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Nice transformation! I did something very similar recently.

How do you feel about cornering after the lift and tires?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Amazing what a lift can do to this bad boy!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks ! it doesnt feel as if you can turn as sharp.....understandable though. as far as the ride of it it doesnt seem any different. love this jeep...

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Looks Good.

Is there a reason why you are running the smaller tires with the 4 inch lift?

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
thanks ! it doesnt feel as if you can turn as sharp.....understandable though. as far as the ride of it it doesnt seem any different. love this jeep...
Nice looking Jeep!

You're right - you can't turn as sharp, something I noticed quickly and it's mildly annoying. The Superlift-sourced knuckles contact the turn-stop on the a-arm sooner than the factory knuckles. I think this may be partially to blame for my worn inner-tie rods as the steering rack has not reached its limit before the knuckles do. So now I'm careful to stop turning the wheel when I know the knuckles are at the stops. I suppose one could grind the stops on the knuckles a little to allow more turn but that would probably have to be done before assembly.

It's just a minor issue, though - I think you'll love the lift!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks Good.

Is there a reason why you are running the smaller tires with the 4 inch lift?
Actually I was told by the people that installed the lift that JEEP said to just go up to 31.5,I wanted 33.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
now I have a loud noise everytime I hit a bump.....and I am 600 miles away from the shop that did it .....great.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Lifted Commanders look great, glad to see another one!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah gotta thumbs up from a guy driving a limited.....im sure he has ideas rolling thru his head. passed him on the interstate....wait till he goes to the shop and the wifey sees the bill.....haha

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Actually I was told by the people that installed the lift that JEEP said to just go up to 31.5,I wanted 33.....
I'm running 32's on my 2 inch BDS lift. You definately could have fit 33's with minor trimming depending on what wheels you went with. The further the wheels stick out the more trimming you would have to do.

now I have a loud noise everytime I hit a bump.....and I am 600 miles away from the shop that did it .....great.
After a few hundred miles every nut and bolt needs to be retorqued on that lift. I just helped install a 4 inch BDS lift on my frinds WK and after 100 miles everything was loose. Especially the front and rear sway bar end links. Just be careful not to over torque those. The sleeves are garbage and will mushroom inside the bushing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts