Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2007 Jeep Commander Sport
Color: Steel Blue
Engine: 3.7L V6
Trans: QT1
Interior: Gray leather
Sirius

History:
Bought: December 2007, 14k miles, 4 months old, had been a Hertz fleet vehicle, was in practically brand new condition. Now has 31,000 miles on it.

Accident history:
3 days after I bought it, old lady backed into me in a parking lot, her fault, had to have side flare and side door shell replaced, insurance covered 100%.
Almost a year later, to the day... happened again. This time, it was a 16 year old girl who had just gotten her license, and she smacked my (parked) back bumper while I was shopping in a store, came out to find a policewoman taking a report. Her fault, 100% covered by insurance, got it fixed a month later.

Mods:
- Chrome side moldings
- Chrome rear grab handles
- Jeep rubber floor mats (which were some of the best investments I've put into this vehicle, I might add)
- Tow receiver
- SilverStar Ultra headlights and SilverStar fog lights
- Rough Country 2" lift
- 17x9 ProComp 6059 (-8offset) wheels
- 275/60/17 Toyo Open Country A/T's
- Chrome air deflector
- Chrome bumper guard
- Chrome tailgate handle
- Chrome gas filler door

Here is what it looked like when I brought it home:

And here is the current:

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Modifications currently ongoing (should be done this week):

- Replacing my stock Hulk wheels and Forteras with 17x9 ProComp 6059 wheels (-8 offset), and 275/60/17 Toyo Open Country A/T's.
- 2" Daystar lift
- Chrome Air Deflector: http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-83673118800219_2038_26707515
- Chrome bumper molding: http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-83673118800219_2038_22931171
- Chrome Tailgate Handle: http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-83673118800219_2038_22899914
- Chrome Fuel Filler Door: http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-83673118800219_2038_27257358

Will post pics of these new mods later this week when they're all done.

This is what new wheel/tires look like. Can also see the chrome side moldings and chome rear grab handles:

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Wow looking pretty sexy there. I didn't think I would like those wheels when I saw them in the shop but I am pretty impressed.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Nice looking Commander.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One more mod, probly tomorrow:

Gonna get a round of Silverstar Ultras up front to replace my stock headlights and fog lights.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's the new headlights, Sylvania Silverstar Ultras (9005SU and 9006SU). For reference, my old headlights looked pretty much like my foglights in this. They're obviously whiter and brighter. I'll probly go ahead and get the fog lights in the standard silverstars.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Modifications currently ongoing (should be done this week)

Will post pics of these new mods later this week when they're all done.
Good grief... so I ordered all this 3 weeks ago. The wheels/tires came in less than a week later. The Daystar lift just now got here (almost 3 weeks later), and it was MISSING PARTS.

So we gave Daystar the 1-finger salute, called up Rough Country, and they should have one to us by tomorrow.

I'm so anxious to get this stuff on, and it's taking FOREVER!

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm really happy with how it turned out. Maintained that every-day drivability, while gaining a little more off-roadability, sharper looks, and the wider stance I was goin for.

Tomorrow I have 4 chrome trim pieces arriving, will post more pics once those are on.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Looking good!!! Definitely like the wider stance with those rims and tires... Now go and get it dirty!!!

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
looks really good i like the rims. it is crazy what rims and a small lift can do to the commander it should come from the factory like this

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Got my old wheels back today, figured I'd snap some pics to show the difference between the stock hulk wheels and forteras and my new procomp wheels with toyo open country's. As you can see the 275/60's are the same wheel diameter as the stock 245/65's... but 1.5" wider. And the tread pattern is a little more aggressive:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts