Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if this applies to any of you, but i think it's kinda funny. I never really noticed the commanders that much.... until i bought one!

I see these suckers everywhere now. It's getting crazy! I was hoping to be a little more exotic.. LOL:ugh2:

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
So is '09 the last year? I haven't heard much talk about killing them off anymore. If it is, I guess you're seeing the most of them that you'll ever see out on the roads...

·
Registered
111 Posts
I don't see that many. I drove from St.Louis to Gulfport, Ms then East to Destin, Fl and only saw 3 Commanders during the entire round trip. Little over 1,700 miles)
I was out today and saw one. I see zillions of XJ's and Libertys.
HT

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
i see them all the time, even before i bought mine. seeing them all the time is what convinced me to buy mine. i always like the look of the commander and def. was not going to get a minivan.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
From the looks of this forum there are a lot in AZ but I can go a week without seeing another sometimes.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Up here its like playing "Where's Waldo". When I do see one I give the Commander salute normaly with no response :ugh2:

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
There are about 4 new commanders driving around my area. Gas goes down = Sales go up.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Very few Commandes in Texas mainly Wranglers.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I see them a lot around here.

One of my neighbors down the street has a Wrangler and yesterday I see they replaced their older small Chevy Blazer with a Commander.

I will tell them about this forum if I see them but they are not the friendliest people.

I will extend the olive branch anyway.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Very few Commandes in Texas mainly Wranglers.
For now, I'll represent the south part of Texas. I believe there's another member (sorry, forgot which SN you use here) from Keller, TX, who's from the DFW area.

Overally, I see Commanders here and there... not too common like Suburbans and Expeditions, but a modest count. Only one time this past weekend on my cruise to Austin, were there a batch of four XKs on the right lane (I was number 2) were on the interstate together. Though, no XK wave was happening LOL.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Several Commanders around the Austin Area. Driving to work in Austin, I usually see 6-10 each way. When I first got my Commander, it was 1 or 2 per week.

John

·
Registered
452 Posts
Several Commanders around the Austin Area. Driving to work in Austin, I usually see 6-10 each way. When I first got my Commander, it was 1 or 2 per week.

John
Awesome! I knew I'd evetually hear someone from Austin. Get ready for some tough chilly temps come tomorrow and as the week progresses dude. I hope ya hae seat warmers. BTW, would you dare drive up 2222's uphill towards 620 in your XK, if an ice storm blew by ;)...j/k. Great to hear from ya.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got rid of a Yukon XL (there are a blue million riding around our town), and got an '08 Commander. I really like NOT seeing them everywhere.

·
Registered
184 Posts
There seems to be an abundance of Commanders here in Las Vegas. I commute 23 miles each way to work. I typically see at least 3 a day, although they always seem to be going the opposite direction as me.

·
Registered
232 Posts
XKJeep06; I don't live in Austin, just work in Austin. Living in the city would drive me nuts (and I'm close to that already). I'm out in the hill country about 25 miles west of Austin where the temps get a little cooler (little higher elevation). It was cold last week. I don't care about winter storms, I've got my Commander and my 86 CJ-7. Besides, this is central Texas where winter storms don't last long.

John

·
Registered
329 Posts
I've seen quite a number of Commanders here in Florida. Almost all are 2x4's with me being the exception. Also, most are 3.7's as well.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I consider myself really lucky if I see a Commander once every 1-2 months over here, and I only live 1.5miles from a Jeep dealer!!!!

They are rare as rocking horse (edit) in England....and boy, do they stand out from the crowd!!!

Si

1 - 20 of 45 Posts