Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have not checked out the Tahoe...what kind of price are you talking about in comparison to the Commander??

·
Registered
258 Posts
ooooh, the Tahoe was super freaking nice. I was in love with that ride and the features. But the damn thing was 45k. Now if I had 45k to spend on a vehicle it would have been a tough decision to buy the JC. I wish I could have gotten the JC with the Hemi and the 4x4 and all the good stuff.
But the Tahoes are not really that bad compared to the fully loaded JC Hemi 4x4 really.

·
Registered
274 Posts
You see Tahoe's everywhere! Our XK's make a statment! I'm an old chevy wrench, love chevy's, but Jeep has the 4wd reputation, It's a matter of preference.

·
Registered
398 Posts
absolutely no comparison between the Tahoe and Commander..Commander is a far superior drive...unless you want a big truck ride.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have to agree you see the Tahoe everywhere. Now I like the new look of the Tahoes but every soccer mom has a tahoe. I considered a tahoe before buying the commander but what I paid for the commander brand new was almost what they were asking for 2004 and 2005 tahoes here and they had 30 plus thousand miles on them. Besides just did not seem right buying anything but a jeep. We now only have one vehicle in our used carlot that is not a jeep and that is only because my husband has wanted a chevy dually for years and the price was right.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
The MSRP on a an equally-equipped 2007 Tahoe is about $2000 more than a fully-loaded 2007 Commander.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I haven't personally compared these two, but my site makes it easy.

http://www.*************/prices.php

The Tahoe isn't among the six vehicles mosts often compared to the Commander. For the most common comparisons:

http://www.*************/models/Commander.php

As for the vehicles, aside from minimally useful third rows I don't see strong similarities. The Tahoe is much beamier, and shouldn't perform nearly as well off-road. You guys go off-road, right?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Commander shouldn't be compared with the Taho. the Commander is an off-road SUV not like the Taho.

Taho shouldn't compared with any Jeep, it can be compared to Dodge Durango though

·
Registered
130 Posts
no comparison never seen a tahoe off road

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
May not be important, but the last post on this thread is 2 years old.....

08-03-2006 09:26 AM

Prior to Ahmeds post.

·
Premium Member
12,558 Posts
At least they dug up and old thread instead of starting a new one. It means someone is looking at the old stuff every now and then.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
a49erFan said:
At least they dug up and old thread instead of starting a new one. It means someone is looking at the old stuff every now and then.
I wasn't really looking for specific thing, just looking for old threads which can be discussed more to bump it and extend the discussion and make it more informative for anyone read it later interested by the title.

we "the active" members navigate the forum in a different way and don't usually search in the all threads looking for information as the others do, specially those who are considering to buy a Commander, they look in all threads trying to see how is this car and whats good and bad about it. so its good for them to find more informative threads and rich discussion.

·
Premium Member
12,558 Posts
It's not a bad thing to bring up these old threads, the newer members may see something that they were unaware of and us older members may be reminded of stuff we forgot in our old age.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts