Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where the compass module is located on the ‘08 Commander? The compass is always off. I’ve experimented with different region codes and have performed the calibration procedure a ridiculous amount of times...no joy! Was able to find a compass module on the Mopar site. Now I just need to know where it’s mounted.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Does anybody know where the compass module is located on the ‘08 Commander? The compass is always off. I’ve experimented with different region codes and have performed the calibration procedure a ridiculous amount of times...no joy! Was able to find a compass module on the Mopar site. Now I just need to know where it’s mounted.
From the Service Manual, not my own knowledge:

**Remote Compass Module (RCM)**

The RCM is a separate stand alone module mounted to the top side of the headliner. It is mounted in one of two locations depending on if the vehicle is equipped with CommandView dual fixed second row skylights. If the vehicle is equipped with CommandView skylights the module is located between the two glass panels. If the vehicle is not equipped with CommandView skylights the module is located on the left side of the vehicle above the second row seats.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From the Service Manual, not my own knowledge:

**Remote Compass Module (RCM)**

The RCM is a separate stand alone module mounted to the top side of the headliner. It is mounted in one of two locations depending on if the vehicle is equipped with CommandView dual fixed second row skylights. If the vehicle is equipped with CommandView skylights the module is located between the two glass panels. If the vehicle is not equipped with CommandView skylights the module is located on the left side of the vehicle above the second row seats.
Outstanding...thank you very much!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts