Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In reading through some of the posts here I recognized several issues that have been addressed by service bulletins...

Below is a link to a reference page listing EVERY single TSB issued for the Commander, from day one to date. This is the most complete and up-to-date list that you will find anywhere:

2006-2007 Commander TSB's

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Thanks Milous, I know I can ALWAYS count on you for timely and accurate info... much appreciated!! :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Awesome link!! Is this just for consumer information or can we take a copy of the TSB to the Service Department to have the issues that affect us fixed under warranty?

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
drop_d said:
Awesome link!! Is this just for consumer information or can we take a copy of the TSB to the Service Department to have the issues that affect us fixed under warranty?
Technical Service Bulletins are intended for use by the service department. They are actually labeled as "do not photocopy" etc., etc. and I never want to underrmine such a great resource, so what I typically do is have the TSB # written down when I go to the dealership, describe the problem/symptoms, inform them that I'm aware my problem is addressed in TSB#_____, and let them take it from there. They will access the TSB info through their computer.

Good luck! :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
I took mine into the dealer for an oil change last week and mentioned the windshield humming issue. They checked it out and said the windshield needs to be replaced. I just called and asked them about the TSB and they said they've tried to re-seal windshields (as described above) on 8 vehicles and it's only worked on 1. They found the only true fix is windshield replacement (with all new sealant).

·
Registered
379 Posts
I just joined the forum. I don't have a lot to add but i think the forums are worthwhile and I have already gleened info that has been useful. My limited managed to need new bushing in just 1500 miles. It was no big deal though. Seems like a lot of people have had this problem and the bigger one of a crappy dealership to work with. I'm in the toledo area and bought at Ed Scmidt. They diagnosed the bushing first try, ordered the parts an dhten when they came in had them installed in one hour. It's back to its old self again.

·
Registered
69 Posts
This is a great link. The Jeep dealers seem to have a "more up to date" TSB but this one is pretty accurate. Nice to know what to watch for. Thanks!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
tcc11tcc said:
This is a great link. The Jeep dealers seem to have a "more up to date" TSB but this one is pretty accurate. Nice to know what to watch for. Thanks!
The link for the TSB's is just as up to date as what the dealers would have, and most of the time bulletins are even posted before dealers get them.

·
Registered
59 Posts
In shop next week for Outside Temp and "Service 4WD System"

Thanks, I am still under Jeep Factory warranty, I am going in for an oil change...I notice my outside temp gauge is reading to high and I am getting the firmware upgrade for the " service 4WD system"....I hav only seen it display 1 time....I have 4,200 mile on it now.....I will let everyone know what happens.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am done with this da** jeep!!

Milous,
I am looking for a rep from Chrysler who can help me. My intention is to get rid of my 2006 Ltd Hemi Commander, fully loaded, which has been nothing but an aggrevation, dissappointment and general source of heartburn since the 2nd day of driving it. I have had it into the dealership for one paticular problem over 6 times now and it still has not been corrected. I gave up spending countless hours without my vehicle, bumming rides to and from the dealership to pick it up or drop it off etc. And for the last 10 or 15 thousand miles have put up with the un-nerving rattle coming from the interior head liner around the dvd area. I spent over 40k on this vehicle and if I had it to do over again, I would have bought the used Denali that I was also looking at. Other than the sharp looks of the Commander, I have nothing good to offer someone who may be looking to purchase one. All of the bells and whistles that attracted me to it, can be found on just about every other vehicle out there now. I would like to bypass my worthless service dept. here at the dealership and see if I can get any satisfaction from Chrysler directly. I know Virginia has a lemon law and I want to see if can take advantage of that. I work to hard for my money to just sell this thing and take that huge loss, that I know I would take. Please help me if you have any contacts or phone numbers at Chrylser for me. Sincerely,
Princess:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Your wasting your time looking for a "helpful" rep from chrysler, Id find a good lawyer, contact the BBB, or your state's Attorney General.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i agree dont waist your time with chrysler they suck!!!! i tried to find someone helpfull when my 1 month old commander had huge rust spots on the roof and they wanted nothing to do with helping.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts