Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody noticed a leak from condensation after running the air conditioner? This is only the second time it has happened (that I have heard)and I have had the airconditioner on several dozen times. When I pull into the garage there is usually a small amount of condensate noticable on the garage floor after parking. This is different from that though. The drip is coming out directly below the passanger front seat and burning off on the catyletic (sp) converter. There is a terrible hissing/burning sound as it hits. The water that then drops to the garage floor is so hot that it sizzles and hisses as well. I have never owned another vehicle that did this. Before I spend countless hours at the dealership, I thought I would ask here first. Thanks for any info. you guys might have.
Princess

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

As many cars with A/C, for me it's normal. But if you have more than a glass of water (15 cl) on the floor, i think that it's possible there is a leak.

Eagle;)

·
Registered
204 Posts
From the drain on the evaporator, all cars with AC have one, those with rear AC have two. The evaporator removes moisture from the air, which is the process that makes AC work, and the water has to go somewhere. The drains are in different locations, on the Jeeps they drip all over the tranny and exhaust which was part of the reason for the dipstick tube recall on the Grand Cherokees.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Amount of fluid seems to be a normal amount. Its the sound of it burning off that is disturbing me. And the fact that as with previous vehicles the water that gathered on the ground was cold to the touch. This is boiling hot when it hits the ground, from passing over the exhaust/cataletic converter. Thats a concern. The dealership of course knew nothing. --Now in addition I seem to have developed the stalling problem I have been reading about here!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts