Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Tire Discounters Performance Center today and asked about an exhaust. I want to put a Flomaster 50 SUV on my 4.7. He told me that flowmaster does not make an exhaust for the XK :icon_confused:, but some company that starts with a "D"(i can't remember the name) has one. To install, we would have to replace all of the pipes, the cat conv, everything. (:)icon_confused:x2)+:(=:headbang:.) i told the man that i know of multiple people that have this same equipment on their XK. He told me that it was a custom modification. i have read many posts and notice that quite a few members have the Flowmaster 50 on their jeep and was wondering if you had to replace the entire system.
EOD OUT!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
First off, I would recommend going to a different shop as it sounds like he is trying to milk every penny out of you by having you replace the entire exhaust system. Either that or he has no clue what he is talking about.

Also, what he probablly meant was that Flowmaster doesnt make an actual cat back exhuast system for the 4.7 liter XK. Go to a different shop and explain to them that you just want your oem muffler swapped out with a Flowmaster 50 Series SUV muffler. All the have to do is cut out the old muffler and weld in the one!

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I agree with 07. An exhaust place will probably be the best place to try to get this done although the modification is very simple. I actually did my own muffler in my driveway so it is more than possible. If you would like to use the same shop and would like to get the instructions on what needs to be done and what p/n to use for the muffler I am sure it can be made available by someone.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info. i thought this guy was off his rocker. i will do some more searching and try to find the right place to go. the only reason that i want a shop to install it is the fact that i have no idea on how to weld.
EOD OUT!

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
The guy at the tire shop would probably want the white letters our also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts