Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2008 sport 2wd. Current set of tires wearing thin and suspect a new set in order. Also front shocks need replacing. I'm considering a lift to get some 265 or taller all terrains. What lifts would you suggest and what should I expect I it yo cost to replace shocks and get lift installed?

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Since you have a 2WD I would probably go with a 2 inch lift for a couple of reasons:

It is alot cheaper then the 4 inch superlift and since you don't have 4WD and are limited in the terrain you can tackle, a 2 inch lift should be plenty for you.

I have 4WD with a 2 inch lift kit - but with larger tires, I am actually 3 inches above factory ride height which is plenty for me.

Now you said you wanted a price for install of your lift kit & shocks - are you replacing the struts as well?

From what I remember it cost me about $550.00 to have my lift kit installed and another $950.00 to have my shocks, struts & rear coil springs replaced - but I am only talking about labor, that doesn't include the price of the parts.

·
Registered
147 Posts
If you want to lift and need to replace shocks and struts I'd look into the OME lift. Lift includes shocks struts and springs and runs around $850-900 plus install if you don't do it yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts