Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1114 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome to Jeep Commander.com, If you are considering the purchase of a Jeep Commander and have questions this is the thread for you. Read through here and you may find that someone has already asked your question and the answer you are looking for is here.

If you have a question that you would like our members to answer regarding a fair price or options or any other questions, post it here and we will get an answer for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am thinking about buying either of the Two. I like both, but am leaning towards the Commander for saftey reasons. It comes with side air bag curtains standard. They are both about the same in price. The Commander has a third row for seating.The Jeep has a 3yr 36K Bumper to Bumper. Hummer has a 4Yr 50K Bumper to Bumper. I am unsure which one to get. Please help me decide. (It will Be Black!)
Thanks Jeff

06 Jeep Commander

06 Hummer H3

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: 06 Jeep Commander or 06 Hummer H3

I own an O6 Commander and they are awewsome. The most comfortable ridew, but yet kickin' 4x4... Go with the JEEP!!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Re: 06 Jeep Commander or 06 Hummer H3

I got the Commander, The 4.7 V-8 is a proven motor & has plenty of power. Runs on regular too. We have two other Jeeps in the family, It's a Jeep thing....you know!!!

Think about this; Are there any Hummer dealers in your area for maintenance or warranty work? I'd hate to have to drive too far for service.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Should I get the 4.7 or the Hemi?

Newbie here guys. I am going tomorrow to purchase my Commander. Do any of you have the Hemi option? I am not to sure wheither to get the V8 or hemi? I guess I will drive them both to find out. My wife and I are Jeep finatictics. This will be our 5th Jeep in 3yrs. We are going to trade our 05 Sport in for Commander. I also have an 04 Rubicon, that I off road, which I am thinking of trading in 07 when they come out with the TK (the 4 door Wrangler).

·
Registered
274 Posts
Re: Hey guys!

Yes, there are some members that have the Hemi & they will probably offer their opinion soon. I have the 4.7 V8. It's got plenty of power. I decided against the Hemi because; it has the cylinder drop technology so it will save on fuel & I don't need that, too new for me. two plugs per cylinder, a little more to tune up. But if you want the power & don't care about spending a bit more on fuel, get the Hemi. I don't plan on pulling a trailer or anything is another reason of mine.

·
Registered
3 Posts

My father has the Hemi in is Dodge 1500 and I'm not to crazy about it. I am with you though, the Displacement System is a bit more confusing and more complicated. I will be pulling a small trailer with a couple of ATV's & smowmobiles, but nothing really big.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I didn't mean for my post to incinuate that dads Dodge had the Displacement System. It dosn't, but I just don't like it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
wife looking at Comm. any sugg??

Hey guys, Im new here, just found it today. My wife is looking at a new Comm., she test drove one with the V6, said it had good power. I was curious to here from people who have the V6 and the small 8, what are your opinions? I have to drive one soon. What is the tow rating with either motor? Anyone have bad luck with one yet? This will be our 5th Jeep we always had pretty good luck. Any info would be great. Thanks, and Happy Hollidays,
Craig

·
Registered
42 Posts
Re: wife looking at Comm. any sugg??

I drove the v-6 first but after driving the v-8 it was an easy choice, the v-6 just did'nt seem to have enough power. This is my 6th jeep. The previous 5 were Wranglers.

·
Registered
36 Posts

She will love the handling on the snow, but your Jeep owners so thats no surprise. The Commmander is great and the ride is good. I prefer the pep of the V8

·
Registered
50 Posts

gblue said:
I drove the v-6 first but after driving the v-8 it was an easy choice, the v-6 just did'nt seem to have enough power. This is my 6th jeep. The previous 5 were Wranglers.
Ditto. V6 way underpowered in my opinion. 4.7 a lot better, 5.7 a whole lot better.

·
Registered
22 Posts

The small is better than the 6. I spoke to a number of dealers and each one suggested going with at least the small 8. Glad I went with the small 8. Gas mileage is not great. The hemi is nice but a jump in price. I think it's a great car. Enough room for kids and pets. Yet easy to drive in the city.

1 - 20 of 1114 Posts