Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's right! Contrary to popular belief (and recommendations) I'm highly considering transitioning to the MD coils for my '08 5.7L XK. We recently had a baby and now the wife drives the Commander around more and she complains about how "bumpy" the ride feels. Because of that it's made me more conscious about the ride when the baby is sleeping and I feel like she may be right. I love the OME HD kit but I'm thinking the MD will give more of a "softer" ride, close to factory ride. I don't have a winch or steel bumper but my limited XK did come with factory skid plates and I don't think I'll be doing any wheeling in a loooong time so maybe the HD kit is overkill for me. Has anybody ever made this change to give it a smoother ride? Have you guys heard of anyone who has done this and what the experience has been like?

If anybody has low mileage on their MD coils and are willing to trade for my HD ones I would consider it. However, I would prefer to receive the coils first so that I can get them replaced the same day since this is my DD.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Happy wife, happy life. :smile2:
Aint that the truth.

Probably worth buying new springs for ~$160 a pair and then selling the HD's @ a slight discount. You don't have a ton of wear and tear on them so I'm sure someone will buy em quick. If not here, maybe try to sell on JeepForum.com

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably worth buying new springs for ~$160 a pair and then selling the HD's @ a slight discount. You don't have a ton of wear and tear on them so I'm sure someone will buy em quick. If not here, maybe try to sell on JeepForum.com

Yep. That's plan B. I'll definitely have to write the experience if I do. I was hoping not to be the guinea pig.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts