Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should be receiving my JBA upper control arms soon. I'm thinking I'll order some lower control arms and do them all at the same time. There's some popping and creaking etc, and I'm pretty sure everything is worn out up front.

I've been pretty busy with work lately and am kind of leaning toward having a shop install these mostly because I don't want to spend a day or two of my time off doing this, but have not decided.

Has anyone replaced all 4 at once? How did the job go, any gotchas? I know that I may have to drop the spring assembly to get the UCA bolts out, and that they can be reversed when reinstalled. I don't think my lower clevis bolt will be a problem, since I had it off last summer when I put the 2" RC lift in there.

Either way, I'm looking forward to curing the creaking and popping and getting those JBA control arms in there.

·
Super Moderator
5,695 Posts
Should be receiving my JBA upper control arms soon. I'm thinking I'll order some lower control arms and do them all at the same time. There's some popping and creaking etc, and I'm pretty sure everything is worn out up front.

I've been pretty busy with work lately and am kind of leaning toward having a shop install these mostly because I don't want to spend a day or two of my time off doing this, but have not decided.

Has anyone replaced all 4 at once? How did the job go, any gotchas? I know that I may have to drop the spring assembly to get the UCA bolts out, and that they can be reversed when reinstalled. I don't think my lower clevis bolt will be a problem, since I had it off last summer when I put the 2" RC lift in there.

Either way, I'm looking forward to curing the creaking and popping and getting those JBA control arms in there.
That's a good plan; when I had my super-lift installed, the guy at my 4x4 shop told me my front LCA's were shot, so, I had them replaced with a new set of Moog lower control arms while he was installing the lift.

I think it will save you some headaches down the road.

·
Registered
10 Posts
How long have you had the moog LCA's on for, blue? I will be replacing those after getting a custom u-joint front driveshaft done. Am currently deciding whether to get the moog or OEM LCA's

& +2 on changing out the LCA while you're in there and have most of it disassembled already

·
Super Moderator
5,695 Posts
How long have you had the moog LCA's on for, blue? I will be replacing those after getting a custom u-joint front driveshaft done. Am currently deciding whether to get the moog or OEM LCA's

& +2 on changing out the LCA while you're in there and have most of it disassembled already
I had the Moog front LCA's installed the same time that they installed my Super-lift, so, since the end of October 2018 - or about 5 months ago.

You can see them pretty clearly in that link to the thread I posted, in your Superlift thread.

They seem like they're built very well and they definitely weren't cheap, so, I don't anticipate having any problems with them.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I will be replacing those after getting a custom u-joint front driveshaft done. Am currently deciding whether to get the moog or OEM LCA's

Cali Commander,
Please enlighten us all on where your custom u-joint front driveshaft came from and what is involved if anything to install.
Thanks in advance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts