Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
I have been working on this for a couple years now as well. What exactly would you like to upgrade? About 80% of the parts are direct replacements/additions that you can buy new or source from here, but there are some things that are better tackled through aftermarket parts, and a few things not possible for less than $4000. Let me know what you had in mind and I can probably tell you what it would take to accomplish.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Exterior wise, you can find a lot of the chrome parts on Ebay from dealerships trying to get rid of inventory. You'll have to spend a few hundred dollars on these though. Anything else you're looking for, please specify.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the sunroof,leather seats,and I just found out I have the Boston Acoustic sound system last night. lol I want to chrome everything out on the exterior and I'd like to get the fender flares with the faux bolts too. I'd like to get the chrome roof rack,side panels,grill,lift gate assist handles and door handle. I don't think I'm forgetting anything. Thank you so much for the help!

·
Registered
321 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Or maybe ebay
They dont have the rear assist handles or the chrome side moldings on ebay... trust me im doing the best i can to get the cheapest price lol.

·
Registered
389 Posts
They dont have the rear assist handles or the chrome side moldings on ebay... trust me im doing the best i can to get the cheapest price lol.
Yes they do... I bought my grab handles off there, and I have been watching a few listings of the moldings/tailgate.

Search "Commander Rear Grab Handles" and "Commander Door & T/gate Chrome"

·
Registered
2,194 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2 more questions. Does anyone know where I can get an interior handle,not the door handle but the assist handle above the door and where can I get a replacement interior handle for the door without having to replace the whole panel?

·
Registered
862 Posts
So... what would it take to convert the standard HVAC system to the individual temp unit? (separate Driver/passenger temps) Is it a mass of heating ducts? Or just the control unit in the dash?

·
Registered
389 Posts
So... what would it take to convert the standard HVAC system to the individual temp unit? (separate Driver/passenger temps) Is it a mass of heating ducts? Or just the control unit in the dash?
Probably an expensive swap. It would make no sense to include a (probably) more expensive air routing system and not include the $150 panel to make it work correctly.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I was thinking about that too. Probably ridiculously expensive though.
Correct- small feature that would require a ridiculous amount of work. In addition to the different duct work and controls, the wiring is different so the harnesses don't even match. In the event that you figure that mess out, you would probably then have to have the dealer flash the computer to recognize the upgrade.
Same holds true for memory seats, OEM heated seats, rear A/C, and adjustable pedals (pretty sure).

Wish I had researched this before I bought my Auto Climate controls way back when...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Another thing I was interested in is getting a lift kit. Does anybody know how much that would cost and how hard is it to install?

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'd be interested in finding out where I can get the fenders with the bolts as well. My wife constantly reminds me how much cooler OTHER commanders with those fenders look! I haven't don't much research on them because I imagine they're expensive.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
301 Posts
A 2-2.5" lift is about $200 and takes about 2-3 hours to install. Not all that difficult just time consuming.
I got the rough country spacers which were roughly $175 and the install was easy but I'm having issues with mine. I created a thread on it also but nobody seems to be having the same issue.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 20 of 21 Posts