Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
A quick question, how many cooling fans do you have in your commander? 4.7 2007 Limited?
At this moment, i have a big fan with clutch which runs with the belt and that's it. My car overheats at idle, and the gauge drops down as soon as i pick up speed.
Someone told me that i am suppose to have an electric fan too in between clutch fan and the radiator.

Can someone please confirm that? And if this is true, can you also share a part number.

Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an 07 with the 4.7, I have both a clutch fan and an electric fan however the electric isnt working so I have the same issue as you with overheating at idle especially of I'm running the a/c.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an 07 with the 4.7, I have both a clutch fan and an electric fan however the electric isnt working so I have the same issue as you with overheating at idle especially of I'm running the a/c.
hey man! Thank you for replying. I am pretty sure now that this is the issue. Since I didn’t know anything missing, i spent A lot of money on different things. Rad serviced, new coolant, thermostat, waterpump, new clutch and all!

you would do me a big favor if you could make a short video of the setup! I wanna see how that electric fan looks! Thank you

·
Registered
10 Posts
The fan has a viscous clutch that may have gone bad, not uncommon here in sunny south Florida. A cheap fix that we used was getting a flex fan, the blades change angles with RPM and no moving parts.
I have a new to me 07 and am learning about it. My first one was an M38 followed by a 66 Wagoneer, 88 Grand Wagoneer and currently a 96 Grand Cherokee. One thing that I have learned is that Jeep is apparently composed of a lot of other manufacturers parts which can be changed mid production run. I don't know what fan came in the 96, it doesn't have the switch for an electric fan but someone before me fixed it with one and wired it into a 3-way marine switch in the dash that you have to remember to turn on. It's a hunting/mud/swamp truck so I may fix it later, maybe not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.