Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock 08 XK 3.7 and would like to get a better all around tire. I live in Wisconsin and I go camping and hunting quit a bit and deal with some pretty muddy and deep snow conditions. I recently read a great article on the A/T3 and thought I would see if anyone here has any experience using them?
The S/T are pretty popular around here and can get a good deal but just not sure what to do.

I was considering getting a RC 2" lift in the near future as well but worried I am going to be pushing the 3.7 more then I should using a larger tire and lift any suggestions?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Cooper stt 2's are a great mud terrain tire a little on the expensive side but they are an extremely hard rubber compound with a great tread pattern that tends to clean out very well in the mud and snow. If your wanting something a little less aggressive then the coop. at's are great as well as the cooper zeon LTZ.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I switched to Cooper AT this year from BFG AT have not run the Cooper tire ofF road yet if you don't count the day of ice racing I did a few weeks ago the Coopers did very well on the lake. I will put my BFGs back on for the summer in the next week or so.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After much research I think I am going to go with the STT my next Q is should I do the 245/70R17s or 245/75R17s? Im running stock and do not have a lift yet but will in the next month or so. I was thinking about the 255s but I know I will not have wheel spacers for awhile.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
After much research I think I am going to go with the STT my next Q is should I do the 245/70R17s or 245/75R17s? Im running stock and do not have a lift yet but will in the next month or so. I was thinking about the 255s but I know I will not have wheel spacers for awhile.
It would be better to get the lift first then go with the 245/75/17's. They are 31.5 inches tall. Stock is 29.5 inches tall.

If you must get the tires before the lift, then I recommend that you go with the 245/70/17's which are 30.5 inches tall.

You absolutely can not fit the 255/75/17's without a lift.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feed back. When I do want to move up to a 255/75 will I need wheel spacers besides the lift? A couple people suggested the 1.5" spidertrax spacers if I was to go to a 255 or larger.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Thanks for the feed back. When I do want to move up to a 255/75 will I need wheel spacers besides the lift? A couple people suggested the 1.5" spidertrax spacers if I was to go to a 255 or larger.
I and a lot of guys here run the 255/75/17s with a 2 in lift and 1.5 spydertrax spacers.
Personally, I recommend you go with the 2 in lift and 245/75/17s. That's the tire I'm going with next time.. they are only 1/2 in shorter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts