Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everyone's opinions about Coopers? We have a plant here in Tupelo and I know several ppl who work there. Gonna try to do business with them to help keep jobs here.

Would love to know how you guys feel they stack up against others.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I used them on my 02 Grand Cherokee, a pickup, and horse trailer. No problems.

I liked them.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
I had Cooper Discoverer ATRs on my 07 Commander. They were really nice.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool! Thanks, guys.

I've never heard too much about them, nothing bad nor nothing earth-shattering. I knew they made the Mickey T's and **** Cepek's as well. A lot of my buddies grew up fed by parents woriking for Cooper Tire and it would make a huge dent in the communities and towns around me if they were to shut down the plant. It actually almost happened in the last year or two. Can't remember if they shut down the one in Georgia or not, but it would get ugly if ours shut down.

Any more feedback would be great.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've heard good things about their M/T and A/T, and I haven't heard bad about any of their tires, which is generally a good thing. Most of the time you hear more bad about certain tires than anything. If you're not hearing much about 'em, it's probably a good thing.

I've been thinking the wife's Commander may be getting a set after the lift, and my next truck will be getting a set if the price is right.

·
Registered
71 Posts
In Australia they have a lot of advertising, but a lot of guys have had puncture problems with them. I have never used them, they seem to be a lot of hype to me. I can't justify 33% higher price than similar tire.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have 70 plus thousand miles on a set of ST's they were worth every cent. I have had no issues with them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts