Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone near here? AFE is looking for a mid-year 2008 so they can build an intake for - me :D

Before I ordered the AFE kit, I asked them if it would indeed fit the new 08 4.7L. Received three separate responses from three different AFE people that it would. It doesn't - not mine at least.

Is there anyone out there living in or near Corona with a new 2008 4.7? They have been trying to get a vehicle to their R&D section but have had no luck as of yet.

Looking for an 08 with the same setup as mine - the white surge tank.

You can see in the photo where I had to "notch" the heat shield to get it to fit around the new style attachment point for the white surge tank. The one they have in their instructions has a black top and is different than the new 4.7.

·
Registered
218 Posts
And the winning answer is...."I live in Anaheim Hills! A couple of exits down from you!"

"but I have...a V6 3.7L....the crowd moans...sorry":(

"Sorry Commander Bob, but please enjoy a set of steak knifes as a parting gift"....:)

See you on the 91!

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
08XK, it also looks like they moved the breather from the back of the valve cover to the middle, where its easier to access.

Nice that they did a mid-year redesign w/o telling anyone. Too bad they didn't redesign it into a 3.0 DIESEL!!!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rwmorrisonjr said:
08XK, it also looks like they moved the breather from the back of the valve cover to the middle, where its easier to access.

Nice that they did a mid-year redesign w/o telling anyone. Too bad they didn't redesign it into a 3.0 DIESEL!!!!
no kidding. after talking to the company before buying and it still doesn't fit... makes me want to send it back.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Ventura, but an 07 with the Hemi, sorry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts